Spark Plug Replacement – Rogue Sport

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
iceflow
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport S

Car has 90K on it. Would like to hear particularly from any Nissan Service techs on this site about issues pulling the plugs….because I had some. I worked on one plug only, with a 3/16” ratchet and 14mm deep socket. I’ve pulled a few plugs in 50+ years of day to day vehicle maintenance and I’d like to think I know how much purchase to apply to the ratchet so as not to screw anything up. The plug would not budge, so I boxed up the vehicle and left well alone. I’ll have another go when I can next get the vehicle, this time with a hot engine as per info on You Tube. If that doesn’t work I might drop some PB Blaster into the plug recess with a cool engine. If that’s a no-no then it’s to the dealer. Either I’m ‘Unlucky Alf’ or this is a frequent issue, mainly due to the long service intervals on the plugs (105K)? If that is the case I would have happily dropped the 70 bucks or so and changed the plugs at 50K. I know they are in an aluminum head but I’ve changed plugs no problem on two Mazda’s albeit at 65K and 70K miles both with aluminum heads. Thoughts, tips welcome. I’ll stick with the 3/16” ratchet and a small amount of muscle, if that don’t work then it’s a dealer job.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I’m 100 pounds soaking wet holding a brick.

When a spark plug won’t budge, all you need is more leverage.

Connect a pipe, I use the handle of my floor jack and place my ratchet through it to extend it’s length.

Cheap man’s breaker bar.

It’s literally so damn easy to move without barely much strength!

Never fails. :mike

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

A 3/16" ratchet?? I think we found the issue.
Grab your 1/2" drive ratchet as it will have much more leverage.

Return to “Rogue Forum”