Spare me the research: price ranges/general info for 350Zs?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
fiznat
Car: Grown up :(

Hey 350z guys! I've been talking to my father recently about picking up a new car, and he is thinking very hard about getting a 350z. He's asked me to do some research on the car, specifically pricing for both new and used models, as well as trim levels etc etc.

I know all of this information is readily available with just a few minutes of searching, but I thought I could ask you guys who either are or have probably been in the market for these cars... Maybe some people have some advice that might help me and my father in our search, any warnings about the car or specific things to look for would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Trim review:

Base: Cheapest, no LSD ,no Xenons ,no cruise control, no TCS, but the same multilink suspension brakes powertrain as next higher model, excellent cloth bucket ceats, 17 inch alloy wheels, under 3200 lbs.

Enthusiast: Next one up, adds to Base, Xenons, Viscious LSD, TCS Cruise control, self dimming mirrors

Performance (rare) takes Enthusiast adds attractive 18 inch wheels adds Dynamic control braking system ( forgot acronym) which heps keep car on the road in extreme driving condtions, can be switched off but not totally according to some, makes a lower skill driver much safer in extreme maneuvers, Tire pressure monitorung system at all time it will tell you what the pressure is in each tire. Real useful but makes aftermarket wheels much harder to find.

Touring: Takes Performance adds, different 18 inch wheels, leather interior heated, seats heated mirrors, Bose Stereo

Track: adds to performance, Brembo brakes, Rays engineering wheels

Prices:

lets try cheapest first:

Used 03's:

-Cheapest example lowest trim (base) private party sale, these cars are down to the high teens., private party sales in low 20's with enthusiast trim or even higher abound also.pivate party tack models mid 20's especially if low miles-High end example a low mile 03" track from the dealer, will still be high 20's.

04's: the later 04's add knee braces, different ECU, minor interior trim improvement, according to some sources slightly softer suspension, late 04's have pretty much done away with the feathering problem ( which read more about in this forum).Used 04's in anything more than base trim will still go mid 20's at dealers, high 20's if low mies and desirable color, Tracks verty high 20's and some dealers will ask low 30's's for loaded tracks or tourings that are low mile 04's.

New:

There are plenty of 350Z in dealer stock ,all over the counrty, with some haggling people have achieved a price thats halfway between MSRP and invoice.

Base MSRP 26.7k , 05 track MSRP hi 30's k, Annivsersary edition approaches 40 if loaded.Dont expect to be able to haggle much on Anniversary edition ( which ahs all the packages of touring combined with Track)..Also 05 Track and Anniversary Motors are upgraded internally for higher redline and make a bit more power/less torque but more area under the curve.

Those 2 trims have not been at dealers as long as the other 05's and less haggling possible.

All of the above ranges exclude Roadsters (convertibles).

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Keep in mind the first couple pages of auto trader dont let that scare you, thats dealers hoping for the best.

But with a little effort you can buy like this all day long on the "low" end:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp....dptop

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”