South Carolina Datsun 510 wagon

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Slaw31
Car: 1980 510 station wagon
Automatic
Blue/"wood" paint with blue interior

Hey everyone got my first datsun which is a 80 510 wagon. Runs drives and pretty complete with some of the trim and interior pieces needing replacing. Hope to get advice on where to get parts or anyone with parts. I hae photos and would like advice on posting them as well?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

A lot of us on here use PhotoBucket.com. You can host there and post the link to the image using our tags like this: [img]<image%20url%20here>[/img]

Definitely want to see pics of the wagon!

Slaw31
Automatic

laxands13
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback - Sold and missed
80 280zx - sold
83 Honda Civic Wagon - Current DD, soon to be CA16 powered

Ahh! I saw that one! Very jealous of you.

Where are you located? I'm in Piedmont just south of Greenville and am happy to lend a hand if you need one!

I've used RockAuto.com for parts since I had my '80 280zx and they're pretty good. Shipping costs are usually justified by cheaper parts and you can almost always find a 5% off coupon on Google.

Good luck and feel free to message me anytime!
Doug

Slaw31
Automatic

I know where Piedmont is I own a corvair and am in the club. have a few people who live there in the club we sometimes go to the saluda river grill. I got some more photos im about to post. it is blue blue and a splash of wood as you can see. has a/c which is all there has a belt on the compressor but I have not tried it yet, and nothing has been tampered with other than the wiring for the trailer hitch

Slaw31
Automatic

laxands13
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback - Sold and missed
80 280zx - sold
83 Honda Civic Wagon - Current DD, soon to be CA16 powered

I love it! My wagon has about the same color interior.
I've only been here for about 2 months now and will be here until December (work/school Program) before I move back to Atlanta. But as I said, happy to help with anything if you need it.

Hope you get that battery tray rust cleaned up!
P.s - whenever (if) you sell it, keep me in mind first! :)

Doug

Slaw31
Automatic

Hey everyone, sorry i havent updated in awhile. Finally got the legal stuff out the way and now have the wagon on the road. It performs fantastically for a oil change and me getting in it and turning the key. Right now I am going through the inside and doing a detail cleaning by removing the console and seats to pull carpet and just scrub it good. Only thing that isnt working is the radio and I got a shop manual on the way to get me the info on removing it and what wires go where. few other issues is it shows signs of leaky valve stem seals (smokes for a few minutes on first time cranking for the day) and the front end definitely needs tie rods has terrible slop but for a short commute is okay. I do need some interior pieces if anyone has a blue interior 510 they are parting out? Let me know I will make a wanted ad with more detailed info on what I need soon.

Slaw31
Automatic

plastic pieces I am cleaning and covering in vaseline to help get some bounce back in it. does really well!

Blue blue and more blue

car needs some cleaning up but overall pretty solid. steel wheels need replacing for sure due to rust (it lived some of its life near the coast)but other than the wheels battery tray and lower part of the fenders its no rust I can see. Loving the mailbox sticker for a emblem (one of the things I am in need of)

Slaw31
Automatic

hoping to find a pair of these emblems for the car sometime.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”