SOUTH CALI. Mr2/silvia/180sx Meet.. Unofficial Inputs Needed..

Including HI and CA
initial s14
Car: collect cars

me and my friend from the mr2 board are planning of combining a meet that consists of 2 different clubs.. nothing hostile but just friendship ....... reaching to other fellow import enthusiasts is healthy and i think it gets an opportunity of knowing other cars and new people... we are planning to pursue this meet only if positive inputs are sufficient to make it happen.. activities include chatting with members, cruising at the beach or perhaps canyon run in malibu or if somebody is enthusiastic to carry bbq equipment then lets cook !!hehehe... target date will sure be somewhere after D1 event... Anytime on September that is..we are coming into view for a Sunday since some are working Saturdays..hoping it becomes a better turnout for that matter. if you are interested pls put your thoughts... ... then i will repost it again and mark OFFICIAL with date and place.:ylsuper

BuudWeizErr

I will go.

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

i'll show

initial s14

you guys really got a lot of things to say with just "i'll go"..hehehe

yeswepromise

i'll go also. we love meets

Holisticbeatz

Just went to a meet today at Life Plaza in Rowland Heights. There are regular Subaru/WRX/Impreza, Mazdaspeed, and Scion meets down there every Sunday in the furtherest lot behind Life Plaza. The meets usually start around 7:00 and go until whenevers.

initial s14

i can have this mr2/silvia meet at life plaza too since i live in westcovina but the thing is a beach with cool breeze in this summery season is needed by everyone.. but i can reconsider..

BuudWeizErr

Life Plaza has boba. The beach does not.

Problem solved.

yeswepromise

kenny you were at life last night?i was there.

ale89se
Car: s13 silvia

if i'm not busy i'll try to go. if someone brings a bbq, i will bring some carne asada

initial s14

ok... so far i got 5 to go......wow this is impressive

Holisticbeatz

initial s14 wrote:ok... so far i got 5 to go......wow this is impressive
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what, but there are a few folks that go and don't post on forums.
yeswepromise wrote:kenny you were at life last night?i was there.

I was there, but I left early.

yeswepromise

nice.

initial s14

i have no point to being sarcastic its just that im amazed the mr2 crowd doesnt pull off attention among 240sx for a meet.

S13s Lost Illusion

I was at the LP meet this last sunday but around 8:00 ~ 8:30, did any of you guys see the Sil-eighty that was parked in the parking lot not in the back at the meet? i think it had BOmex kit and sideskirts, don't know the rims though...

I walked by it and was in awe... haha even though he doesn't look like he drifts or even takes turns hard, judging by the tire thread on his tires. but then again I could be wrong and those could be show tires.

i don't know but meets anywhere within a uhhhh 50-60 mile radius from my house I'm pretty much down for. just ask BuudWeizErr aka.(Ryan)

btw, initial s14 mr2's are nice but I think that I would prefer staying with 240s only cuz, well the 2 cars are completely different. I mean in the sense of driving, handling, setups, suspension, ride feel, and technicality of the engineering. The 2 cars are both great cars, drifting and looks wise, but how would we relate to the mr2 people when we try to talk? I dunno maybe it's just me, but I'd probably just say nice car, since I don't know that much about what I dub, you can quote me on this, "MR. 2's." haha

attention, blah, I think it's just a matter of breaking the ice between the types of cars. FR vs. RR or is it just Mid-ship?

Mr. 2's are great drift cars just kinda a pain in the *** to work on right? But, there are lot's of drift cars out there I'm surprised that MR2's are the only cars that are commonly compared to the 240s... there are RX-7s 2nd gen and 3rd gen, Miatas, MX-6's, Crazy 300zxs, '86s, and so forth lot's of them maybe you should just get a big colaboration of drifting cars. ie. Drift meet standard Drifting cars only...

I dunno, I'm talking out of place, too late to make sense of it now...

Holisticbeatz

initial s14 wrote:me and my friend from the mr2 board are planning of combining a meet that consists of 2 different clubs.. nothing hostile but just friendship .......
Just you and your friend? or are there more of you MR2 guys that are willing to make it down to one of these meets?

yeswepromise

hey i saw your car sunday night pat and i also saw a black sileighty but it looked to be all stock aero parts....no bodykits.

initial s14

again, this meet is nothing but hanging out with other cars outside our club.. driving with something diffrent kinda changes the wind of excitment at the meets...

s13 lost illusion....... dude just go ok? meeting new people i think is the most exhilarating part of this.... hey you will never know.. the person you might meet at the mr2 club my have a pretty sister that likes 240s who'd come down and you ll miss out......hehehehe.... besides mr2 club got lots of pretty sw20 owners......

twofortyesecks
Car: 08 Nismo 350Z
08 Ruckus

I'll go. I enjoyed my last, (1st) meet. I like that Malibu idea. Last meet at Speedzone the 1hr30min drive wasn't cool. I put my springs on that I got from Mickee there. So now I have a total of what was it 4, 5 mods now, have to show it off :rolleyes

BuudWeizErr

air filter, mafs adaptor and EGR breather.

3 mods.

twofortyesecks
08 Ruckus

+ springs + shocks 5! Or do we count my shocks as OEM replacement?

mickee
Car: car

lol..... actually those mr2's are FF motor but jsut placed in the trunk.....

S13s Lost Illusion

yeswepromise wrote:hey i saw your car sunday night pat and i also saw a black sileighty but it looked to be all stock aero parts....no bodykits.

So that guy was all show no go ehh? weak sauce, he should go just crash his car... all show no go...
initial s14 wrote:s13 lost illusion....... dude just go ok? meeting new people i think is the most exhilarating part of this.... hey you will never know.. the person you might meet at the mr2 club my have a pretty sister that likes 240s who'd come down and you ll miss out......hehehehe.... besides mr2 club got lots of pretty sw20 owners......

oh, I'll go, it's a learning experience. get to see other people and check out their setups and stuff... besides i wonder if anyone would let me ride in their car, I want to feel the difference of the RR versus FR.

OH and OH, you said chicks, oh not just chicks, "pretty sw20 owners"!? OH now I'm definetly gonna go! haha yep i'm a guy...

oh yea, and that also gets more people to notice me, my red door rules this world!

haha

just tell us the time, day, and hour...

initial s14

i will put the final post by monday... this is still a grace period for suggestions...

koukis13
Car: r/c cars, drifting streetracing, being with family tuning cars

im down to go im more interested in the life plaza meet? is it just a meet or is there driving after? very interested........must.....drive....canyons........!!!!!

initial s14

i dont think it will be a life plaza meet.. i want to put more spice to it.. and yes... very likely of a canyon run... this must be carefully coordinated on the date that we will have it where everybody is face to face upon agreement... or just cruise through PCH ..i will try driving to malibu and check it out.. i wish i could drive now if it wasn't because of this DAMN HEAT !!:(

Anand

i'm down

BLue n white R1

When and where.... ??

--yes I have a 240sx... not justa R1..haha--

initial s14

hey blue.. wait for sunday night...it will be posted again with official date and time

twofortyesecks
08 Ruckus

I just got back from screwing around in Malibu. I teel you what Letigo Canyon Rd. (I think its Letigo, something like that) thats one twisty road. Keep in mind I need brakes and my tension rods are shot, but when the sign that says road narrows there is this dip and a quick left, my brakes just didn't grab and I ran into the mountian. Nothing big my car just wanted to kiss the hill. It was pretty funny after the fact. So if your going to Malibu check it out.

Return to “California Region”