sound dampening????

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
yoda

ok i striped my s13. no seats or carpet. i was wondering how to remove the sound dampenig. i heard dry ice and a hamer. do you usualy paint the interior afterwords. or will it come out clean???

fayceoff

It's going to require some finishing and paint if you want it to look nice.

naed240sx
Car: .....

Dry ice and hammer > any other method

It will come off pretty clean, but will still need sanding to remove bits of tar left over. There is only primer under the tar, so painting it all a solid color is a good idea.

My car after gutting/tar removal/painting:

babowc
Car: 240sx

damn your's came out clean^

i used a torch.. :tsktsk..:i shoudlnt have.. i didnt have any dry ice readily avail though..

dont use the torch for the rear seat parts, it'll be hell getting the rest off.

driftin_sr20det
Car: 92 Coupe

At my place of employment we use air hammer "chisel". **** comes off like butter and if your careful won't leave any marks like hammering will. If your not careful you can cut through the floor though too! And after welding up the whole you will have to do some filler and paint to make it look good.

nwmrkt
Car: S13

thread from the dead...sorta. Anyways, when you guys removed the deadening...how much weight did you save? negligible? if not why did you do it? Also is is alot louder in the car now?

Thanks

Return to “Interiors”