Song titles listed in CD screen ?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
RSC10
Car: M35 Sport - Black / Black / Rosewood Trim - Tech Journey

I saw a picture in this forum of a member's M35 dashboard and the LCD listed out the names of each song on the disc he had playing. Should this info be coming up automatically ? My M35 just shows Track 1, Track 2 and so one...

Would love to change this if possible

Thanks !

rpiercef
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

I see the song titles only when I'm playing an MP3. It doesn't show up when you play a regular cd.

RSC10

Thanks rpiercef. That confirms things for me...

sptrout
Car: M35 Sport & G35 Couple

I have one CD that provides the data so the song titles are displayed; Il Divo. There is nothing on the CD, or packaging, that says that it has this capability. I have bought several other new release CDs since Il Divo and none of them display the titles.

samshady
Car: '06 Platinum M35

rpiercef wrote:I see the song titles only when I'm playing an MP3. It doesn't show up when you play a regular cd.
Actually, I've had several store-bought CDs that have this capability. It seems to be random (don't know if it is by record label or what). Does anyone get annoyed that the info cuts everything off after like 3 characters?

example:

Don't for - mari...

I wish there was more info when displaying songs on either CD, radio, or XM

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Most CDs don't have the info. We usually get it on our computers because the player program will look up the data. 1 CD I have that shows the song names was one I ripped and had Roxio lookup song info before burning the disk. Besides that, you'd have to use an MP3 disk.

RSC10

iTunes default is to burn audio discs, not mp3s. They don't show song info. Bummer. I'd love it if they did....

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

If you have a CD-burner on your computer (few don't now days), you should likely have Roxio or Nero burning software. Give that a shot for burning MP3 CDs. I have iTunes as well, but I only use that to manage my iPOD songs/transfer.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”