Somethings wrong... **Long post**

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
PMan_S13
Car: Building car -> breaking car -> fixing car -> start over

Ok, so I'm out driving about. Come out of second on boost and take the car out of gear.

Then I realize my steering is acting weird.. So I look at my guages and realize that the motor isn't running. I figure it just went rich from the BOV not blowing off quick enough and bogged out. Start it up again and keep driving.

After about 2 seconds I find it is running like sh*t. Feels like it is missing at low throttle. Seems to run fine if you give it some gas, but low throttle is rough and trouble-some. Also it won't idle. Or not very much. I had it doing a very violent hunt from about 100 rpms up to 1100 back and forth back and forth. But it dies soon after.

At this point I thought it was just one of the vacuum lines has popped off or maybe the intercooler piping got blown off. I'm about a half mile from the house so I decide to limp it home.

Pull in and pop the hood, it's dark out but I think I saw a small amount of dark smoke. Might have been nothing. Check all vacuum lines and couplers... nothing seems out of the ordinary. Take a look under the car and see a big puddle of oil. Crap. Jack the car up and look around with a jump in my chest. Not the pan or the headgasket or oil filter. Looks like the oil pressure sensor might be leaking. Grab ahold of it and it is loose enough to slowly be loosened by hand.

So I got the oil leak located I think. But I don't know why it is running so badly. I checked the oil level when I came in. It was low, but not outside the measurable area. I'm gonna have to change the oil now and tighten that sensor. I'd really like for that to be the end of it.. but something makes me doubt that.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

I feel sick

boost infested
Car: cars, chicks, food, and .....

pull all the plugs. what do they look like?

Structure240sx

sometimes it seems with a couple people, including me, once turning on the car it will be in a cold start mode and the idle is very rough and the car will turn off if you dont give it gas. when this happens to me the car is running very lean. i raise the dec. air setting on my safc then it stablizes and i move it back to its setting before. if the car is running very rich at idle is will still idle very smooth.

Structure240sx

i believe is some kind of electrical thing in my car. it started happenin tho almost everytime i turn on the car isnce i did the following the other day:

shortened the intake and moved the maf into the engine bay much closer to the turboremoved my carbon canister

its weird but i get through it

PMan_S13

testing testing

PMan_S13

I don't know why, but recently some of my posts won't show up

Any, I tried posting this earlier.. I got it fixed. I have my PCV vented to the atmosphere and the line going into the intake was supposed to have a cap on it.. but I guess the boost pressure finally blew it off. So basically I had a massive intake leak but won't register through the vacuum tree. Runs great now, again, for now. =)

Thanks guys

Structure240sx

yea thats weird your post and one of mine are gone. oh well good job on finding an easy fix

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”