Something Wrong With Nose Panel Alignment

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
BrentZavada
Car: 1990 300zx NA Midnight Pearl Blue

So the previous owner of my Z got in a fender bender and did some pretty bad cosmetic damage to the front of the Z. I just got the hood, front fascia, and nose panel replaces and painted. However, it doesn't align right, there is a gap in between the hood and nose panel and the rubber headlight gaskets seem to stick out a lot more than usual. Its almost if the nose panel is pushed in farther than it should be. Take a look and let me know if you've ever seen this or if there is a way to fix it because its going to bug me forever. Thanks!

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/bzava ... 2.jpg.html

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Radiator support changed too?
Looks like it has been pushed down, and back.
May have been pulled back straight, but not straight enough.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Front collisions will always drive the middle of the core down and in, and away from the collision direction. In my experience you need to return the interior dimensions to correct in order to get the core to fully straighten out and not cause the middle to sag.
Short term solution is to use washers to boost the nose panel to correct height, and massage everything else around to fit best and leave best reveals with the best solution to have a body shop straighten the old one if possible or replace it.

Nghtmre300
Car: 300zx twin turbo
Tuned ecu from z1
Hks hyper full exhaust
Dual pop charger
Hks blow off valves
Greddy front mount intercooler

Correct.
Someone jacked the car on the radiator support like they did with mine.
For a temporary jerry rig, use half a tennis ball on the stock intake tube and slide it under the nose panel in the middle groove. Fits flush. Or use a small metal bearing or something.
I was lucky to find something until I can fix the issue. I was very upset when I get the car back and nothing lined up.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”