Something else about my car now..

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

When i make lefthand turns in my car, at low speed (under 20mph) i get a drawn out squeek, i took it somewhere, they looked it over real good, and drove it around the garage about 5 times, the guy said he couldn't get it to squeek (i've heard this before, it's so mysterious to mechanics for some reason)he said the ball joint i had replaced a while ago, looked dry and he lubed it up for me, and off i went, then i heard it again the next day...

granted, it only does it at least once a day, do i need to flush out my power steering fluid? Perhaps its old? Nothing else i can think of....

I H8 UR DSM

is it a squeal like it could be the power stearing belt? They sell that belt quite spray stuff, that would help that out, but i think it would probrobly happen turning both ways if that was the case.

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

i dunno, just does it to the left, they sell some power steering stuff fluid that is supposed to eliminate it, i just hope it's not something expensive to fix....did you mention a power steering belt?

CireNow

Skydragoness5,

One possible source of the the noise would be a worn wheel bearing if it was coming from just one side. The noise would be most noticeable when the wheel is loaded. You should hear it at any speed though...while loading it in a turn. They don't cost much to fix.

Post more info if you notice more.

____________________________CireNow93' Fastback

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”