Someone scratched my G

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I went out to get into my car the other day and noticed two large scratches down the side of the car about 3 inches long apiece. Needless to say I am pissed. The only way they could have gotten there is if someone ran their keys down the side of my car.

Just had to vent a little.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

:eek:

Vandals must die!!!

Fred...:mad:

rydwhite

Yeah those are my thoughts exactly. If I ever find who did it, they would die.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

How deep are they? A lot of people are impressed by the results of using rubbing compound and a little elbow grease. Use the finest grade available. I use 3M, but others work well too.

rydwhite

They appear to be pretty deep. The paint on these cars seems really thin to begin with, but it goes down enough that it has left a couple nice white scratches in my lazer red paint. I really don't know if a rubbing compound will work.

GeeThreeFive

That is terrible. I would probably sit there and cry. Some people are so jealous, but don't let them get what they want, that is to see you unhappy just like they are.

PalmerWMD

All that vandal did, was prove to the world he is defective a sa human being.

Fred..:mad:

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

All you gotta do is tell me where to go and I'll ram them in my Q45tank. Its already been hit into a garage door and many snow banks...

LET ME AT EM!!!!

rydwhite

If I figure it out, I will be giving you a call Wes.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

People are very disrespectful to cars. I constantly watch my WRX and it still gets hit. I have seen may times people will hit other people's cars with doors and just walk off. grrrr. I wont be able to control myself if my WRX gets hit.

Stu Segal
Car: G35 Coupe, Silver, Aero / '06 C6 6.0L

I know how you feel.

I picked my Coupe up at the dealer after its' first service - and it had been keyed (on the driver door) in the dealers lot (or shop)! As the car is bright silver the body shop claimed they had to paint the door, AND the front fender and rear quarter panel so all would match. The dealer paid for it ($1,100) - but it still sucked.

It gets worse. About three weeks after I got the car back I was in Home Depot when a severe thunderstorm with heavy rain and extremely high winds hit. Apparently one of the heavy orange carts (the kind you use to move building materials) went flying across the lot and hit, and dented . . . . .you guessed it. . . .the driver door. That was 5 months ago - I still have the dent.

Hopefully you won't need to get the entire side of your car painted.

. . . Stu

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

I agree with you. It's ashame that anyone without a small amount of intelligence could do such a thing. Ther will always be a place for vandals ( six feet under ).Later........

GeeThreeFive

Forte wrote:I agree with you. It's ashame that anyone without a small amount of intelligence could do such a thing. Ther will always be a place for vandals ( six feet under ).Later........

Do you have your car posted in Member Rides?? After reading your mods, I would love to see your car and motor. Although mine is black, I put the blue Injen CAI (only color in stock at the time) and blue grounding wires.

Rex
Car: None

You can see some pics of it at the October Indy Meet. Bet it looks even better with the rims.

PalmerWMD

Rex wrote:You can see some pics of it at the October Indy Meet. Bet it looks even better with the rims.

Newbies perusing that thread be advised, the pics keep coming even late in that thread.

Fred...:)

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yes thats true.....

IM gonna take well over 400 pictures for the March meet!!!

(I am a technogeek with a new toy, canon powershot G1 with 256meg card!! WOOHOOO!)

<hijack>Fred, do you remember about the march 6 meet in indy? gonna make it?</hijack>

PalmerWMD

elwesso wrote: <hijack>Fred, do you remember about the march 6 meet in indy? gonna make it?</hijack>

I think so.For reasons I cant discuss here, I'll have some extra responsibilities that week at work, but they should abate by Saturday.

Fred...:)

rydwhite

Stu Segal wrote:I know how you feel.

I picked my Coupe up at the dealer after its' first service - and it had been keyed (on the driver door) in the dealers lot (or shop)! As the car is bright silver the body shop claimed they had to paint the door, AND the front fender and rear quarter panel so all would match. The dealer paid for it ($1,100) - but it still sucked.

It gets worse. About three weeks after I got the car back I was in Home Depot when a severe thunderstorm with heavy rain and extremely high winds hit. Apparently one of the heavy orange carts (the kind you use to move building materials) went flying across the lot and hit, and dented . . . . .you guessed it. . . .the driver door. That was 5 months ago - I still have the dent.

Hopefully you won't need to get the entire side of your car painted.

. . . Stu

Ouch. Sorry to hear about all that. That's some really bad luck. I doubt that I will have to have anything repainted. I think that I can have it buffed out, but I am going to check out a couple of detailers and/or body shops to see what they can do. After really looking at it, I don't think that it is too deep and it isn't too long, about 6 inches long in one place and about 4 inches long in another.

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

GeeThreeFive wrote:Do you have your car posted in Member Rides?? After reading your mods, I would love to see your car and motor. Although mine is black, I put the blue Injen CAI (only color in stock at the time) and blue grounding wires.

I will try and take some pics when I get to the NICO Meet on the20th Of March. The car has changed so much sice the October meet.I just ordered Esplir lowering spring today I think it lowers it .05 all around . I did not want the slammed look. Went through that with my Vett. Later....

x-man

rydwhite wrote:I went out to get into my car the other day and noticed two large scratches down the side of the car about 3 inches long apiece. Needless to say I am pissed. The only way they could have gotten there is if someone ran their keys down the side of my car.

Just had to vent a little.

nothing short of F'd up... we need to start chopping off fingers in this country...

rydwhite

Welcome on board x-man. I agree about the whole fingers idea. How about we take an entire hand for keying cars.

rydwhite

Ok, now things just keep getting worse. I come out of class Wednesday night and notice an odd reflection on my car and that something doesn't quite look right as I approach. The closer I get, I realize that some inconsiderate *** has slammed their car door into my car and now I have a big dent just in front of the drivers side rear wheel. Of course whoever did this has already left, and there was no-one parked near me when I parked there. So, I have no clue as to who did it.

So, I go get a couple of estimates for PDR, because luckily the paint was not scratched or chipped. The quotes I recieve were $250, $200-$250 and $200. I mean holy shizt, $200 to fix a dent. Since it is in the rear quarter panel they are going to have to drill a hole under the car or in the wheel well and go in that way, because there is no other way to get to it to fix it.

But, on a positive note, the guy is also going to try and buff out the scratches on the other side of the car for free.

Needless to say, I have had some bad luck here latley. The main part of the dent (what I call the crease) is about four inches vertical. But, there is an area about 6 inches all around the crease that is also concaved a bit.

I am taking the car to Golden Chasis in Greenwood on thursday for the work. So, hopefully afterwards the car will look good as new.

PalmerWMD

I always try to park as far away from other vehiclesm as I can especially SUV's/Pick-ups/Vans/old PPLs cars.

(I know u didnt have the choice)

Fred..:)

rydwhite

Yeah, they just have too much damn construction going on on campus right now. I think that there are 3 or 4 parking lots closed becuase they are building parking garages and buildings on em. So, that means that 28,000 people are all trying to park in 9,000 parking places. There just isn't any place else to go. I thought I was pretty safe, it was a night class and there were probably 20 or 30 open spaces nearby. Oh well, I think I need to carry around some kind of giant intertube filled with air and put it around my car to act as a soft bumper.

rydwhite

Here is a pic of the Dent and of the Scratch

rydwhite

UPDATE

The culprit of the door dent has come forward. They also offered to pay for the repair without my asking, which was nice. So, that is a big relief. I was wondering where I was going to come up with the $200 to get it fixed. Plus I get my keyed scratches buffed for free when they repair the dent. Woo hoo.

PalmerWMD

Good deal!!!

Fred..:fruit

rydwhite

Woo Hoo, repairs made and the car looks great.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”