Someone help - I keep breaking my new car (interior lights not functioning after bulb swap)

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

I think all LED's are one-way polarity. Installing the wrong way would only mean the bulb wouldn't work. If you look at the base of the bulb there is only one metal wire, not like regular bulbs which have two.

Ilyakol, don't worry about changing the bulb. Just be careful. I found out from the service manual that there is a correct way to change the bulbs. You're supposed to take the housing out of the footwell and disconnect the harness, THEN replace the bulb. I doubt that you would even need to disconnect the battery but I still recommend it. Wish I would have found that info sooner.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I got everything installed.

Bulbs do only work in one way, but installing them the wrong way didn't hurt anything.

I was very careful this time, my process was as follows:

1) Remove (-) battery cable
2) Install 3-4 bulbs
3) Put cable back on battery, did it work? If not, disconnect battery and rotate bulb, test again...
4) Do 3-4 more bulbs

Everything including the footwells worked. The LED bulb + dark cover is actually perfect for a small amount of light for the feet. Wish I could figure out how to rewire the footwell lights to be 'always on' when the car is running. Would be perfect mood lighting. But I'm not going to mess with this anymore hahaha.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”