some questions...

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
kep0ne

a few questions, and yes i've searched, and yes i've read the faq.

i've seen a few of the writeups people have done on swapping a SR20DET into a 240SX (Kouki)...although these may be decent, are there any that carry it into detail? if not, would an S13 FSM entail this kind of project? i have no previous experience swapping engines, but i do know my way around an engine, and am comfortable enough to work on one...(plus paying 1500 to have someone do something for you, when you can do it yourself *so i've read* just seem like a waste of my money)

as i understand it so far...its really just as simple as dropping the engine/tranny in, bolting it up, and connecting everything. then converting the wiring harness. im probably wrong though.

so...if anyone knows of a writeup online that has more detail, or if a S13 FSM would help...your answers are greatly appreciated.

oh yeah...my names alan...and i'm looking forward to spending time on the boards.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

You can go here for the S13 CA18DET FSM (which is useful for the S13 chassis), and for the S14 SR20DET FSM (which is useful for the engine). Both are in pdf format and english.http://www.silviaaustralia.com/techinfo.asp

Some OK walkthroughs are the SCC one:Id give you the site but it has crashed my comp 4 times now:mad: and the EuroStreetgraphics one:http://www.eurostreetgraphics.com/srswap.htm

kep0ne

hehe yeah that SCC website is all messed up...i couldn't even get it to load last night. how would the CA18 FSM help me? maybe i should download it and check it out...

that eurostreetgraphics page is pretty good, lays everything out. im hoping the SCC page has more detail though (if it ever comes back up)

thanks...if anyone has anymore suggestions, please, chime in.

SpeedRacer1

You can always try to find the May issue of SCC too since thats what it came from. The CA manual might be useful for people who cant figure out how to remove body panals, dash, etc.

This page has some interseting info on wiring harnesses.http://sr20.hybrids.jp/install....html

kep0ne

strange coincidence, i just stumbled upon that site...

what yr issue is that mag? 2001? 2002? ill probably order a reprint if i have to....or do i have that laying around somewhere? thanks again.

SpeedRacer1

May 2002

BuudWeizErr

kep0ne wrote:as i understand it so far...its really just as simple as dropping the engine/tranny in, bolting it up, and connecting everything. then converting the wiring harness. im probably wrong though.

Here are the difficulties you will have:

S13: 89-93 - Wiring Harness, Heater Hose locations. If you're using the KA radiator, then you'll have to get a special hose.

S13: 89-90 - Power Steering Pump and lines have to be moved to Driver Strut Tower. Tachometer will not work. MAFS will work if needed.

S13: 91-93 - power steering pump is in the right place. Tachometer will work, MAFS will not work.

EDIT: Driver not Passenger, man I am slow sometimes.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”