some questions fx 35/45

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
stevew

Hi

I', just thinking about switching from my Audi A6 4.2 to this new FX, it' looks so good!

But as it is not officailly imported to Switzerland yet, probably I will import it from Canada.

Question 1: Is fuel consumption dramaticly different between the two models? I will probably opt for the 4.5 engine, because i don't know if the 3.5 is not to "sporty".

Question 2: In the option - list I found a "canadian Gas-Tank". Is this for liquid gas, or just something else? If yes, does anybody know if this is compatible to the gas-fuel used in France (GPL)?

Question 3: I have seen that this car comes with a 4 year-warranty. Sontimes this kind of waranty is limited to some countries, or some conditions (for example making service at nissan/infinity)? What about this

Question 4: Can service/spare parts be provided by Nissan, or not?

Anything else i should know about this car?

Has anybody made a comparisan with the new Touareg V10 Diesel? This may be a (not so good looking) alternative...

Best regards

Steve

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Steve:

My off-the cuff answers:

1)No the diffrence in fuel economy is not what i would call drastic judging from the EPA numbers and the general consensus among owners.

It <is> noticable though and I know how expensive gas is in Europe.

The FX 35 is a pretty quick vehicle as well, just food for thought..

2) I know nothing about this gas tank, but fuel formulation IN Europe are genarlly the same as most states/provinces in the USA/Canada, except perhaps of better quality in Europe due to the quality of large french italian and german refineries.

3) If you import a car that is not yet sold in your country you are always running risks.I at this point I dont know if the FX is coming to Europe for sure and with which engine fitment (if one one engine choice was offered I supect VH35DE)If it does it will come as a Nissan of course.I think local Nissan dealers would do their best to honor warranties but this is a question best posed to Nissan Switzerland.

On this note the VQ35de should be easily servicable by any european Nissan dealer but this is less certain for the VK45DE.

4) Even if the car never gets officilly imported to Europe ( and I suspect it will) you should still be able to get parts thru the Nissan dealers it might just take longer.

I know there are a couple of early Infinti Q45's running in Europe a car that was never sold there and some Nissan dealers in large towns advertyise "infiniti service".

This general subject has piqued my interest I will research it more and post an update , hopefully within a week.

In summary It kinda depends on ypour budget if you are stretching to afford it I woudlnt recommend the car but if you have a good income and are willing to spedn a bit extra to drive something unique even if it never comes to Europe it will be supportable out of the local infrastructure Plus our club member Joe is the internet parts manager at Scottcsdale Infinti he can send you any Infinti part you want at a good price to boot.

Fred..:)

stevew

thanks for your comments

LOL

I've made just a stupid mistake, sorry.....its probably the canadian GAS TAX :-))))

But anyway, the installation of a gas tank may be interesting.....but first I have to buy the car :-))

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I think it's kinda cool to want to have an Infinti far way.

We have members with Q45 in Dominican republic and even a I30t owner in ivory coast.

Fred...:)

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Hi

FX35 owner in Taiwan. Nice to meet you all.

svenio211

hello im also from switzerland and would like to import the FX35send me an email to [email protected]thx bye sven

svenio211

hello im also from switzerland and would like to import the FX35send me an email to [email protected]thx bye sven

vg30dett

Hi,

I don't know WHERE you are, but it's possible to test drive a Fx45 or a Fx35 in Switzerland...almost all over the land.

There ARE garages that are serious about FX owners, and DO have the knowledge & spare parts to maintain & service the FX.

The VG35DE is quite a nice engine, and it's fittend into a Renault (an ugly one....but...), so parts ARE available....

Don't assume that the FX35 is slow....just go and test drive one...you'll be surprised about it.

Recently we drove ahem...somewhere in Europe, and we were cruising a couple km/h below 200km/h.... :D

If you speak french (or english), drop me a mail and I'll be able to give you a couple pointers.

Return to “Murano Forum”