Some of the lights don't work anymore

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
jlo0109

I got in a "minor" car accident about a month ago. I hit the front left side of my car, nothing was damaged under the hood, just the front bumper and side and headlights. Now after the car is fixed I realized that my taillights doesn't work at night anymore. My brake lights still work, but not when I turn the car on. I also notice that my middle dash lights don't work anymore as well. Anyone know what the problem is? I checked both the fuse boxes and nothing seems to be burned out.. or I just don't know how a burned out fuse look like... ... anyone got a picture of a burned out fuse that they can show me? lol I'll post some pictures when it gets dark...

candmberg
Car: 1991 Nissan Maxima

Have you figured out why your lights don't work anymore? Mine don't either. I have a '91 Maxima.

jlo0109

well I now know its not about the fuse... cuz all my fuses are good. So I don't know what I should check

infinititech1

start testin wires

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

yup...sounds like a pinched wire causing intermittent problems.

jlo0109

and how exactly do I do that??

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

You'll need a multimeter. Test the wires for continuity (ohm setting). First, check for bad fuses. Do the same test, check for continuity, on each fuse. However, you should be able to tell if the fuse is bad by a visual inspection. If the middle is broken inside the fuse, it's bad. I would just replace any fuse that has to do with lights.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”