Some info about Ash-SPEC

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

When I first got into Zs, I heard good things about Ash, but as I learned more, the things I heard got worse and worse. Here's a MySpace message conversation I had with Nick, who works for Ash. It clears some things up. [He said I could post it here.]
Me/Ash-SPEC from MySpace wrote:----------------- Original Message -----------------From: Ash-SPEC Performance & TuningDate: Feb 3, 2010 6:50 PM

Hey Stephen,

Check out our page. I was noticing some of the things you'd like to do to your Z in the near or distant future. My boss, Ash Powers, is one of the leading engineers in technology for the Z. Right now we're working on building a Mandrel Bender for 2.5" hardpipe kits to add to the list of toys we've built for this awesome piece of machinery. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or check out our soon to be updated website at ashspecz.com. You can aslo contact Ash for any questions as well at 386-426-5081. He's always happy to chat with a fellow Z enthusiast.

Thanks for checking us out!NickAsh-SPEC Performance & Tuning

----------------- Original Message -----------------From: Stephen (4885678)To: Ash-SPEC Performance & Tuning (180672244)Date: Feb 3, 2010 3:45 PMSubject: Re: 300ZX

Thanks! I've heard of and have talked to Ash before. But unfortunately, I've heard a LOT from fellow Z32 owners that the business has been slacking big time recently and it's unreliable. True/False? I'm not making accusations, just saying what I've heard and wondering what you guys think

----------------- Original Message -----------------From: Ash-SPEC Performance & Tuning (180672244)To: Stephen (4885678)Date: Feb 3, 2010 4:57 PMSubject: RE: Re: 300ZX

Hey Stephen,

What you have heard is not completely untrue. In the past Ash has had trouble keeping up with the demand for his product being a one man show. About 6 months ago Ash took on a business manager named Hector as well as myself to help him handle the load. Since then we have completely restructured the business and are working on expanding our product line as well as bringing back some of the old products that Ash had on back order for some time. I would like to say that everything that has been said is untrue but then I would be lying to you. The biggest problem Ash had was getting back to people in a timely manner. One gentlemen had a credit with the company because he didn't receive his order, and unfortunately had purchased these products from other vendors. To compensate we designed a TRIPLE Fuel Pump system for his 1000 RWHP Monster that gave him what he needed to complete his project. We now have guarantees on shipment time for products that are in stock. Hector is on the phones day to day and if Ash is busy working on a new product he will answer emails either that day or the following morning. For any questions the easiest way is to contact either Hector or myself that way we can get the information you're looking for and get back to you. For the more difficult questions however we would put you on the phone directly with Mr. Powers himself. I don't want to bore you with unnecessary information so I'll end my note here. But again, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm learning along with everyone else so the questions give me a chance to learn from Ash and are always welcome.

Thanks for the inquiry,NickAsh-SPEC Performance & Tuning
Looks to me like they're doing a lot to improve customer service, their product line, and their reputation. An individual response like that usually says a lot about a business.

http://ashspecz.com/

Pieceofsand
Car: 91 300zx Twin Turbo

they better be good because i'm buying a motor that is built by ash.

tmeyer29
Car: 1990 300zx TT , 04 Yamaha R6

He owes me $150 from like 6 months ago. I tryed absolutely everything to get in contact aside from flying for florida. Never responded. I called him to get a diff chip for a lower octane fuel. Payed 200 bucks. I put the new one in when it came and sent mine back. We agreed that 150 would be refunded. Never heard from the crook since.

AchilleZ32
Car: 1990 Nissan Z32

^^Buy it already POS...

I really hope Hector and Nick can turn around Ash-spec. I believe with the proper structuring they easily could compete with Z1 for the bettercompany.

tmeyer29

BeastZ32 wrote:^^Buy it already POS...

I really hope Hector and Nick can turn around Ash-spec. I believe with the proper structuring they easily could compete with Z1 for the bettercompany.
I say don't buy it.

car nut
Car: GT500.

tmeyer29 wrote:He owes me $150 from like 6 months ago. I tryed absolutely everything to get in contact aside from flying for florida. Never responded. I called him to get a diff chip for a lower octane fuel. Payed 200 bucks. I put the new one in when it came and sent mine back. We agreed that 150 would be refunded. Never heard from the crook since.
Is that why you're so moody?

tmeyer29

lol that was like 6 months ago. Of course I'm not going to like ASH-Spec. i really do hope they have better service. I just emailed them again explaining the situation.

JDMZ32

Yea I was about to say get in touch again now!

tmeyer29

Yeah, Hopefully they respond. To tell you the truth I don't have much faith.

Chattzx
Car: 90 Z32

i know of them but i personally would not do business with them

Pieceofsand
Car: 91 300zx Twin Turbo

phawck.

Hector S. (Ash SPEC)
Car: 1992 nissan 300zx NA.

Hello NICO Club,

I'd like to introduce myself to the NICO Club community. My name is Hector Santiago. I am the new business manager of Ash-SPEC Performance & Tuning. I have been active on twinturbo.net and 300zxclub.com for the past few months but this forum is rather new to me. The posts for both of these sites can be found under the subject "AshSPEC Under New Management." Had I been aware of NICO I would have posted here as well. However, this post does bring me to a whole new group of Z enthusiasts. For that I thank Stephen.

tmeyer29 -Let me begin by extending my sincere appology for your experience with Ash. As Nick stated, we do not deny the past. However, we are here to assure you that the past will stay the past so that we can move on into the future. I don't expect you to trust me having said that but I think if you look at some of the threads from either 300ZXclub.com or twinturbo.net that you can trust that we will do everything we can to make sure you are taken care of. When I get to the shop in the morning I will check to make sure your email is in the inbox and we'll go from there. I know you've most like checked the website for the correct email address and phone number but I would like to give it to you just in case to make sure you will be able to reach us. Ash's personal email address is [email protected] and the business line is 386-426-5081. We check it numerous times throughout the day. You can also reach Nick at [email protected] or on our new myspace at http://www.myspace.com/ashspec. If we haven't received word from you by morning I will make it a point to let you know on NICO. Ash is a human and has made mistakes we will agree. He couldn't keep up with the demand and that's why Nick and I are here. That being said, Ash still remains a leading innovator for the Z community. He has broken several Horsepower records with his products and is nearly unmatched using our ZEMulator to fine tune these beautiful machines.

Thank you guys for reading and I encourage you to call us with any questions you may have.

Stephen, thank you again for introducing me to the NICO Club community. I look forward to any feedback.

Hector SantiagoAshSPEC Performance & Tuning

Hector S. (Ash SPEC)
Car: 1992 nissan 300zx NA.

JDMZ32

Hector S. (Ash SPEC) wrote:For that I thank Stephen.

Stephen, thank you again for introducing me to the NICO Club community. I look forward to any feedback.
So I get free stuff right? lol. Kidding. No problem.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Yo Hector, just letting you know, you have to talk to Greg in order to officially "advertise" on here. His email is [email protected]. Just letting you know cause your banner that you posted may get deleted.

Glad to see this kind of personal involvement. The only other person I've seen come on here is Sean from Z1.

JDMZ32

Ace2cool wrote:Yo Hector, just letting you know, you have to talk to Greg in order to officially "advertise" on here. His email is [email protected]. Just letting you know cause your banner that you posted may get deleted.

Glad to see this kind of personal involvement. The only other person I've seen come on here is Sean from Z1.
Uhoh. Good idea. Yea, my photography thread got deleted. I was just sharing my pics with the fellow Z owners cuz a lot of them are of Zs or cars in general, not trying to make any money. I was PWND.

ztommyx

Ace2cool wrote:Glad to see this kind of personal involvement. The only other person I've seen come on here is Sean from Z1.
yes we see him here and does not give advise or help, but to advertise for Z1

anyhow, i've bought a Zemulator from Ash a few years ago, probably when Ash's business just starting...

anyhow, the zemulator i have seem to run pig rich, though i know nothing about the programs, i figured his program would at least have something to accomodate from burning to rich?

i'd like more info on this if possible and/or if i can get an update on the programs (of the ecu zemulator)

i could email you guys if needed. thanks

tmeyer29

^email them. I received the email first thing this morning and will be get refunded. I think I may seem crazy but I'm going to give them another shot since they seem to be really trying to get the customer service up.

ztommyx

mee too!i got an email from hector, coming from ash's email acct?

not sure what they can do for me but i'll shoot ash an email...

JDMZ32

Glad they could help you out .

Check this out: http://viewmorepics.myspace.co...88195My photography/Z .

JDMZ32

tmeyer/ztommy, did you guys get your issues worked out?

tmeyer29

Yes issues were worked out and they went above and beyond to get me taken care of.

JDMZ32

tmeyer29 wrote:Yes issues were worked out and they went above and beyond to get me taken care of.
I thought they would!

Zreborn
Car: 1990 300zx NA

Ash Spec nothing but a scam artist paid over $1300 for the custom intake on about 4/20/18 it's now September of 2019 and have not heard a thing in months

Zreborn

:wtf2:
From the BBB

Ashspec Performance logo
Ashspec Performance
Auto Manufacturer Equipment

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS
Out of Business: :mad: :mad:
According to information in BBB files, this company is no longer in business.
411 Harbour Lights Dr, Ormond Beach, FL 32174-7381
http://www.ashspecz.com

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Sorry man. Ash develops some really cool stuff but I guess his business acumen doesn't match his engineering skills.

evan_calgary
Car: ???

Has anyone heard anything from Ash recently? He has parts of mine and has gone dark...

Zreborn

Nope he's got $1500 of mine for an intake that never appeared

evan_calgary
Car: ???

Almost at the point of calling it a total loss on my parts. Pretty bad experience with first Z vendor I have used.

Ash operates out of Edgewater FL. Looks to be a residence.

Zreborn

Yeah if I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd be down there door knocking for my money

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”