Some help w/ oil change

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Major153
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5S

Hi guys,

I'm about to do my first oil change and I just had some questions. I searched up a few articles and it seems that you can change the oil from the Front-Passenger side wheel well by turning the wheel all the way right.

Here's my questions:

1) Is changing the oil same for the i4 or v6?I'm just a bit confused cause they appear to be in different locations based on the pictures in the service guide.I4: V6:

2) What's the best and easiest way to do the oil change?-Car on all 4 wheels (on the ground)?-Jack up the front-passenger side?-Drive the car up a ramp? (I usually do this on my other cars, but my ramps don't fit the altima - its just too low! =P)

3) Just to double check - is this the right panel to remove? - 5 pushpins?

Thanks!

SniperJoe
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT, Premium, Tech, VDC.

I'm sure the procedure is different for the 4 vs the 6 as they are different motors.... I have a 3.5 ... the 6 cyl.

When I did my oil change I did not remove any panels. I just drove my car up onto some ramps, placed jack stands for safety & everything is with in reach.

Major153

SniperJoe wrote:I'm sure the procedure is different for the 4 vs the 6 as they are different motors.... I have a 3.5 ... the 6 cyl.

When I did my oil change I did not remove any panels. I just drove my car up onto some ramps, placed jack stands for safety & everything is with in reach.
hmm... that's what i thought. Diff motors = diff location

So there's an opening underneath the engine? - from my angle it, i thought the entire bottom was covered by panels.

GAH... i don't really want to buy another pair of ramps

beeristasty
Car: 07 Altima 3.5 SE

I bought low profile ramps which worked great until i had the eibach drop. my pops suggest putting down a couple of 2x6's in front of the ramps to help the fascia's clearance - worked like a charm. Might be worth trying if the ramp's incline is gradual.

you can remove the oil filter without taking the splash guard panel off, but that area will be easier to work in with the panel off. The splash guard thing is pretty easy to take off while on ramps, just wear some eye protection -grit and sand go everywhere when you pop those fasteners off.

Also, the first pic goes with the v6, second with the I4

notaverage
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE w/ tech pkg and VDC. Precision Grey

I dont remove the panel either. I just jack it up with a jack i bought in sears. Then I reach in behind the panel (the corner where there is no push pin) and remove the filter.

Major153

Thanks for all your help!

The 2x4s worked like a charm - I'll probably do it in the next few days, after I go but an OEM oil filter.

sidenote: I just curved my front fascia this evening coming out of a parkade... I never knew the car was soo low! (and my car isn't lowered!)

victore1123
Car: 2007 Altima Hybrid

Those images are showing where the oil filter is...The circled area looks to be where your drain plug is...

good luck

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”