Some B@#@#@#@ scratched my car.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
denrama

I parked my car this evening after coming from work. I went outside for Dinner and bamn! a huge scratch! seems to be purposely did by the loser parked his car next to mine. I have a paint evidence too. Do you know what I did? I returned the favor. Does anyone know how much it cost to get it out? The scratch is on the door(around 7 inches)....

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I bet the guy who scratched it drove away, and a new guy pulled up beside you while you were in the restaurant, after the scratch already happened. Then you came out, assumed it was him and gave him a scratch that he didn't deserve, boy is he going to be surprised, hopefully he doesn't "pay it forward" too, or there'll be a lot of scratched cars in your neighborhood!

Anyway, that really sucks, it depends how deep it is. Buffing it out won't cost much, but if it has to be repainted it will probably cost no less than 150 bucks, probably a little more....

Leo2005

My car got a dent when I parked next to some freaking grand cherokee on ymca parking in webster. Just curious what restaurant was it?

denrama

Yeah! my wife had that doubt too. But I have a paint evidence. I don't know if he intentionally did that or not, but his teal blue color is on my car. That loser got what he deserved. I usually park my car next to the Benz and Infiniti cars, knowing that they would be very careful when they open their car, but here in the case, I have no control. This guy parked his big a$$ truck next to me, after I parked my car. Man! I hate it... why would anyone do that?

denrama

Leo, the scratch was in my Neighborhood, not in the restaurant area. Webster had some jealous b@stards.

Leo2005

Just came back from Hooligans. Before I left this place my friend found another tear on door handle. Should I just ignore it? I'll buff it out this weekend and next weekend somebody else will get me? I don't know.

Direwolf
Car: Nissan Rogue

Very sorry to hear that. This has been one of my biggest fears. What my wife and I do now is park as far away from everyone/an empty area of the parking lot. We dont mind the extra walking. I wont let her take the Rogue into center city Philly either; she has to take the old Saturn in. Doing all I can to avoid the dents/scratches :/

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

Direwolf wrote:Very sorry to hear that. This has been one of my biggest fears. What my wife and I do now is park as far away from everyone/an empty area of the parking lot. We dont mind the extra walking. I wont let her take the Rogue into center city Philly either; she has to take the old Saturn in. Doing all I can to avoid the dents/scratches :/
i dented my rear bumper when i was parking once. It was from the screw for the front license plate. It has bother me since!

flying
Car: rogue SL AWD

Hey out there!I'm picking up my new Rogue next week and I hate that feeling before the first scratch or dent! I'm usually neurotic where I park until I get "it" and then I"m fine. Can't wait to drive it next week-

Sue-NYGotham Gray SL

ilinimud

denrama wrote:. Do you know what I did? I returned the favor.

Well that was a great thing to do purely out of spite. Accidents happen man. If i let things like this get to me, i would be mad all the time. Anyways, what does the Bible say, turn the other cheek....

denrama

Y
Leo2005 wrote:Just came back from Hooligans. Before I left this place my friend found another tear on door handle. Should I just ignore it? I'll buff it out this weekend and next weekend somebody else will get me? I don't know.
Ya! I know, it sucks. i think we need to be careful for the first 1 or 2 years.

denrama

ilinimud wrote:

Well that was a great thing to do purely out of spite. Accidents happen man. If i let things like this get to me, i would be mad all the time. Anyways, what does the Bible say, turn the other cheek....
I would understand if it is an accident, but it doesn't look like an accident. What about malicious losers?

ilinimud

Well im sorry that it happened to you, and i hope it ends with no further damage done to anyone.

remjep
Car: 2008 nissan rogue

We parked our new 2008 Nissan Rogue in the West Edmonton MallCarpark. When we got back, there's a small scratch and dent at the door.Can somebody tell me how to get rid of it? I couldn't sleep for a night.I don't know how silly, envy people think? They wouldn't give a damn to smash your car....nobody saw it anyway!!! Work hard! so you can afford to buy a nice car!....

Leo2005

If you got a little tear then you can buff it out. If you got a dent or a scratch then its going to cost you and its not worth because as soon as you fix somebody else will hit it again. Just park your car as far as possible from everybody. Its not gonna hurt you to make an extra step to the shop.

remjep

Thanks for your reply. We appreciate it...maybe it's just visible 'cause we have the red one....We'll follow your advice. But we do hope it won't happen again...It's just that some people doesn't care of other people'sproperty..

remjep

I want to ask your opinion guys, this damage was estimated $2,035.00 canadian dollar? Is it worth to fix it? We are really upset but accident can happen when we least expected it...Thanks for your time....

Modified by remjep at 8:45 PM 11/12/2008

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I got some gnarly scratches on my Venom Red Rogue when I was parked at Borders the other week. I parked in the far corner in the parking lot, with the passenger side against the curb. (Cause then it'd be impossible for someone to open their driver's side door into me, and most people don't drive with passengers), and from the pattern of the scratches and marks, it looks like some dumb pillock decided to try to squeeze between the two cars with bags on either side of them and didn't do anything when they noticed it wouldn't fit, they just kept on going. >.<

lbr119
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD - Tech Package

remjep wrote:I want to ask your opinion guys, this damage was estimated $2,035.00 canadian dollar? Is it worth to fix it? We are really upset but accident can happen when we least expected it...Thanks for your time....

Modified by remjep at 8:45 PM 11/12/2008
Is it dented? If not they'll probably just power buff it to get the scratches out. That price seems pretty steep. I've seen worse damage get fixed for a lot less.

Where did you get the quote?

Leo2005

Get the money from insurance and don't fix it. You will get other scratches in the future. But if it bothers you then fix it somewhere else for cheap. This price seems to be kinda too high for that damage.

remjep

We got the quote from Nissan but they got this estimate from autobody shop. We went to another autobody repair shop but they have almost the same quote just 100$ difference. They are using the same software for estimate, we thought that wherever we go the price will still be the same. and yes, the corner of the panel was dented.Thank you..

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

The damage doesn't look that bad, and $2000 sounds outrgeous!! If it were me, I'd buy some high quality buffing compound, use a power buffer and then buff the sh#t out of it!! I'd get some of that scratch remover wax and then I'd buff the sh"t out of it again (that scratch remover can be really amazing)!! Then I'd see how it looks, and if there is bare metal I'd maybe get some touch up paint, perhaps in a spray can and see what I could do with that and see how it looks.

To save $2000 bucks I'd try a lot of things myself before paying someone to fix it, especially if its not dented!! And if it still looks like crap, just wait and see if a deal comes along, the autobody repair shops will always be overpriced, but why not try an auto detailing place like Maco, etc..? The might be able to do re-surface job for cheap.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

The problem is that your scratch on the metal panel is at a corner, really hard to work on it as there is no space inside to work on (which could explain the price).

My wife has a similar scratch on her car in the front (I think it was me who did the scratch , to avoid any sexist remark ) and the body shop guy said he couldn't do anything for the price we wanted to put on the "cleaning before selling" phase.

They need to get access and get some space to install their tools.

For the bumper, it is plastic so it is just aesthetic, but for the panel, if it is dented, you have to correct it if you don't want any rust there in the future.

Tell yourself you invested in the future of your car, in your peace of mind.After the repair, you will get a brand new car again

remjep

Thanks for your opinion. I've already ask Ming Shine, they can make the visual impact of the damage lesser. It's dented but they cannot do anythingon that. They still recommens autobody shop. The paint was really scraped out up to the bottom of the bumper.So our final decision...my husband sent it to Nissan. We, especially...me really love that car..it's our first here in Canada...One thing you can just do for me is to console me ..just give me positive thoughts..i know it is really expensive...i dont want to feel so upset..... Thanks....

remjep

Hi, I made a mistake....my husband says they will take it on Monday (Nissan) for repair...so we still have 3 days to really think of it...Did you fix your wife's car? Should we push through with the repair or bring it first to an auto detailing....which can probably fix the bumper paint and not the dent....Please advise,,,Thanks so much.....here is another view of the damage....T. Y.again

Modified by remjep at 12:41 PM 11/13/2008

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

No we did not fix my wife's ex car, we just made it buffed and waxed. We were prepared to give a discount for the bump/scratch to the buyer, but at the end, it was a trade in for the new car at the dealer. We were kinda lucky.

You have two ways to deal with scratches:- You don't care that much even if it bothers you each time you see it (and you see even the small ones as you know where they are ). You expect that one day or another, you will get another scratch close to this one, someone will run into you and will pay for the whole repair, etc...That is about my philosophy, kinda lazy approach, letting the dust covering the damages attitude.

- You care about your car, want it in perfect shape everyday to be proud of a nice car, and cannot live with a scratch on it, losing sleep about it. Then, you will have to pay for the repair but you will feel better after and that is the most important thing (especially if you can afford it).That is about my wife's attitude, more aggressive, more voluntary... more expensive, especially if you have another encounter few days later

In conclusion, it is your car so it is your decision: I will do the auto detailing deal, my wife will go to the dealer.

Choose what you feel the more comfortable with, and most important, never ever look back at your decision when it is taken.

remjep

Thank you very much! We will think it over this weekend. Most probably we will go to Autodetailing first then have a real fix later.....Thanks for your time...
Modified by remjep at 2:40 PM 11/13/2008

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

denrama wrote:
I would understand if it is an accident, but it doesn't look like an accident. What about malicious losers?
I know I'm a bit late on this, but why do you think it was done on purpose? I mean if he did it on purpose, why would he leave paint evidence and leave his car parked next to yours?

Return to “Rogue Forum”