Sold my FX35 :(

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

I sold my FX35. I almost cried handing over the keys. My wife and I both miss it immensely. I sold it private party through Craigslist. If anyone is considering selling their FX, I suggest this route. A couple of dealers offered me less than "good" trade-in on kbb, so I priced it $2k below the cheapest one on CL and still got $4k more than they offered in trade. I think it helped that I had two sets of wheels and tires. The ones on it that were studded snow tires on Murano wheels, plus the stockers.

The main reason I sold it is because I have a disabled son and he was no longer able to enter the rear without any assistance. Even though the FX was nice, it was a bit too tall for our needs.

I was looking at Subaru Legacy wagons (non-outback) but I talked to a friend of mine and he told me about the BMW 325xi wagon. It's an e46, so it's a bit older, but it is in great condition and meets most of our needs. It is also cheaper in cost, fuel and insurance. I am a little worried about maintenance, but my friend has a good, reasonable mechanic he has been using, so I should have a slightly easier time of it.

I will say that the BMW has nowhere near the power of the FX, it is not as comfortable, it is not as well designed inside (especially storage, cupholders, 12v plugs) and does not turn as many heads. It also doesn't have as good a stereo system, even though it is still decent.

The Bimmer does have outstanding handling, great brakes and fits in my garage better, since it's about a foot narrower!

The FX was far and away my favorite "family" vehicle.

List of BMW stuff
'03 325xi wagon
premium package
sport package
cold weather package

future plans: maintenance, window tinting, snow tires and wheels...

here is the new ride:

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

:tisk: Sorry to see you part with the FX for a wagon.

I do like that your list of future mods includes maintenance, though :dblthumb:

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

yeah, that's one of the BMW legacies...extra maintenance. I have a list of stuff that has been done, but there are some more items I want to take care of. Nothing serious right now. Actually, there are a handful of very common problems and once those are done, the e46 is usually a very dependable car. :luck:

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”