SOHC to DOHC swap question

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Buttons06
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX
1990 Nissan 240SX SE

Okay. I've got everything lined up, set up, etc. I'm working on wiring my dash cluster to my harness and was going to de-pin the dohc dash harness connector and re-pin it back into my sohc connector to make for a cleaner install. Well... It looks weird. It is similar, has the same plugs and all as every pic I've seen of a dohc dash harness, but it's white, and has another group of wires that confuse the hell out of me. I thought maybe the brown part that I've always seen is inside the white part, but I've looked at that thing every way I could and short of just cutting it apart, I can't figure out how to take it apart and I can't de-pin how it is either. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Buttons06
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX
1990 Nissan 240SX SE

Nevermind. I'm a tard. I know what it is, It's the M63 plug in the harness diagram. BUT idk how to disassemble it to pin the wires I need into my sohc connector. Anyone know how to take that bad boy apart or de-pin it? Rather keep from cutting and soldering, but if I can't get it apart, I'll have to.

Scratch that, I figured it out. Clip that comes out the side was messing me up and I didn't realize it just pulled out that way.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”