soft pedal, no leaks???

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
nando
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx se
1989 nissan 240sx

so i bought a s13 hatch for $800 last november and i've been slowly trying to fix it for a daily driver.

one prob w/ the car was it had no brake pedal at all. but the res was full. so i bleed all four corners.

yes bleeder is facing up, yes i did RR, LR, RF, LF in that sequence, an yes i checked all lines for leaks. i got a good pedal after finishing. now some months later the pedal i soft again. i can hardly stop. front are grabbing slightly and rear are not at all.

i was hoping to get some input on weather i should replace my master cylinder or not, or if the rubber hoses should be replaced?

plus when i press the brake pedal it causes my engine to drop rpms and shake and almost stall out. i was wondering if i should replace the booster or not, i disconnected the vac hose and it runs better.

hope fully some one has a suggestion because my water pump on my truck is about to go so i need this car to be ready or i will be thumbing it to work :frown:

thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Replace the booster and master cyl. The soft pedal is more than likely not related to your booster, but the drop in revs may be.

nando
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx se
1989 nissan 240sx

thanks man.

ok well inspected my master cylinder and booster an noticed paint blistering and rust forming beween them

removed my master and seems like its been leaking between the booster and the master.

orderd a new one and it should be in in the morning. i sanded the rust off and put some engine paint on it hopefully i dont have to replace that. but we'll see

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”