Soft brake pedal after caliper change

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Apmathew
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano

Hi all,

Need some advice on how to handle a soft brake pedal after rear caliper change. I did bleed the brake system. Any advice on how to proceed? Do I need to bleed all the wheels in the order on the user manual? Did I need to do anything g special with the ABS system?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

You'll want to double check your hose to caliper and make sure it's on tight and not leaking brake fluid. Depending on which caliper you replaced, you may have more lines to bleed. Like, changing a rear caliper can introduce air in the lines far enough up to affect the fronts. So, I did new hoses in the rear of my car and I ended up bleeding all four calipers. Mine is a firm pedal now. Yours may also have a bleeder on your ABS. I don't have ABS, so I'm not sure about that. You can check the Factory Service Manual (FSM)for specific instruction. Here's a link to the main page. All the links on there are to the various chapters of the FSM. The "BR" chapter is brakes and bleeding them starts on page 12. It looks like you'll be unplugging the ABS while bleeding.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2010/

PS - Welcome to NICO Club!

Return to “Murano Forum”