SoCal Nissan dealership battery degradation help!

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
SouthbayNissan
Car: leaf

Hello, My name is Will and I am a service advisor at Nissan of Southbay in Southern California. I am new to these forums and am here to help any locals with the dreaded battery degradation that plagues these vehicles. If you are lacking the range that your leaf once had, feel free to contact me and I will try my best to have your leaf battery replaced under the battery degradation warranty. If I can help and get it covered I am able to provide a new Nissan leaf loaner car while your vehicle is down during the process. There are some qualifiers needed in order for this process to take place. Feel free to contact me here on the forums or call the dealership at (310) 325-5555, ask for Will. Thank you. Cheers!

mountainev
Car: Nissan Altima

Thank you Will, this is a very good way of reaching out to the Leaf community. If people see Nissan providing serious help with battery degradation more people will jump on new Nissans and will purchase vs leasing. What is the maximum length of Leaf's battery?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Thanks for posting this, I don't look here too often but I plan to call you. I bought a 2011 in December of that year and bought the 8 year warranty thnking that with all the new tech I was covered. we just hit about 60k on the car and still have up to 70k and a few months left on warranty, but found out that Nissan is screwing over the owners of these cars and is charging $5500 for parts alone. My stealerhip here in the Bay Area wants $7,200 for the job, I am way better off dropping it into the ocean before I spend that kind of money on a worthless car.
Do you think you can help? I called Nissan, told them I own 4 Nissan cars, they could have cared less. These may be my last Nissans, the corporate people used to be so great, now they are just in it for the cash.

Return to “Leaf Forum”