So, who is viewing this forum and considering a Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Speak up. This is a new forum for a soon-to-be vehicle. Join up and discuss

brettn
Car: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited

The Rogue is still the definite front-runner to replace my '02 Liberty by the end of the year. I wish Nissan would release the final specs/pricing for the Rogue.It looks like its going to have all the features I want, but I want to find out the fuel economy rating (for AWD model), price and the color/interior options.

I want to see what it'll cost with all the bells and whistles.

Obviously I still need to test drive this to see what the CVT transmission feels like, but that'll have to wait until the Fall when they finally start popping up at the dealers. I had also been interested in the new '08 Saturn VUE, but in order to get AWD you have to go up to the V6 and then the MPG drops to 16/22...which is terrible!

In 4WD/AWD mode the Outlander at least gets 19/22, CRV gets 22/28, and Hybrid Escape gets 29/27. I need a crossover with good gas mileage, these creeping prices are killing me!

The UK version of the Rogue (the Nissan Qashqai) gets REALLY good gas mileage, prob because its based on the Versa platform instead. Although I believe it also has less power than the Rogue. http://www.nissan.co.uk/NMGB/e...s.pdf(see last page) No matter what the mpg, the Rogue has definitely got to do better than the 16.7 avg mpg that I'm getting from my Liberty now.

jim3480

I am currently driving a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ESV6 with 120K miles on it. Because it has been such a strong, bulletproof vehicle for so long, I was only considering the 2007 Outlander as its replacement.

However, a couple of items were bothering me. 1 - Mitsu just revised the mileage on their V6 downward from 20/26 to 18/23, which made me open up to competing models. 2 - their lack of color choices beyond the most basic ones.

I do not care for the RAV4, CRV. and Vue for a variety of reasons. But the info I have seen so far on the Rogue looks good - especially the mileage figures I have seen for the 4 cyl CVT. The interior appears to be much better than the Outlander, especially the cockpit-style drivers seat. Nissan color choices seem to be much stronger as I drive around and see beautiful shades of various colors on the Murano, 350Z..etc. Therefore, this fall, I will be test-driving the Outlander and Rogue and make my decision.

Looking forward to the discussions and information on this forum as the vehicle is eventually launched!

chris gorman
Car: 2001 Bonneville

I look forward to seeing , driving and hopefully buying the Rogue. As a 64 year old male who has always bought Olds/Pontiacs(currently drive a Bonneville) I am sad to say GM has lost its way. For TODAY I want a car/suv that has a reliable 4 cylinder engine, between about 180/190 inches long with Luxury interior and high end options like Bi zenon headlights(getting older all old folks should buy them) blue tooth (if not I'll probably kill myself or some else talking on my cell) homelink, tire pressure gauge, ABS,cvt Transmission,tire pressure monitor, upgrade sound etc. I don't want to be forced to buy a six or an eight cylinder car to get those options. I think GREEN and believe we should all do our part to lessen our nation's dependence on foreign oil. After literally hundreds of hours scouring the internet and visiting showrooms having salemen try to talk me into upsizing to alarge car to get what I want it looks like my only options are a Prius (which I love) and a Rogue which I hope I will love. I am very capable financially of buying whatever I want . However with my one small purchase I want to send a message to Detroit and those who I may influence that buying Green is smart and that you can do it while obtaining all the options you would find in a luxury car. I am also a tailgater at my state university and the Rogue (which is within one inch in length of my wife's Highlander should carry my tent and other paraphenalia just fine. I can harly wait to see it and appreciat Nissan putting togeter a small SUV that on paper at least seems perfect for me.

philipa_240sx

I'm looking at one to replace my '03 Altima 2.5S.

The Rogue will be the replacement for the Nissan X-trail SUV sold here in Canada (The US never got the X-trail).

http://www.nissan.ca/en/vehicles/xtrail/index.html

Mileage should be similar if not better than the X-trail with the QR25DE motor. An AWD X-trail (4spd auto, 2.5l 4cyl) got 23/29mpg city/hwy. Keep in mind our mileage test in Canada differs from the EPA test in the US and the 2 may not be exactly the same.

I hope that the CVT transmission, refinements to the 2nd gen QR25DE motor, and better aerodynamics (the X-trail was very boxy) improve on the X-Trail mileage figures even more.

I easily get 29mpg combined city/hwy on my Altima (2.5l, 5spd MT). I would like to keep similar if not better fuel economy.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Guys, thanks for the posts and welcome to NICO

I agree we would all like to see pricing being released for the vehicle and I am quite surprised that Nissan has not released it yet. It's about time Nissan had a real crossover-style vehicle (Murano is kinda close).

philipa_240sx

All we have are Nissan's 'estimated starting prices' listed in thier press releases:

$20,000 USD or $25,000 CDN

If these prove to be close, I would be happy as it would match or even undercut pricing from Honda (CRV) and Toyota (RAV4) here in Canada.

audtatious

Yeah. I would assume the base Rogue would be near the lower end of that price point and a fully-loaded would be near (or above) the top.

coxcj
Car: 07 Versa SL HB Sapphire, conv pkg, audio pkg, sunroof, 5/07 mfg date, 6/2/07 purchase

I'm checking it out just because I thought it was a cool vehicle when I went to the Chicago Auto Show this year. I just bought a Versa, so I'm not in the market, at least not until my wife's 94 LeBaron kicks the bucket.

aaron m

Hmm, i've never heard of this car before.

mq

I have two contenders on my list the Honda CRV and the Rogue. Ready to spend less money in Gas. I have always heard that is not good to buy the first edition of the car. I would like to know what you'll think about this.Please reply.

philipa_240sx

I agree, the first model year of any new model is bound to have teething issues. Being that the Rogue is based off an existing platform (C platform used on the Sentra) and engine/tranny (2nd gen QR25DE and Xtronic CVT also used on the Altima, Sentra) I suspect any issues will be minor compared to an entirely new vehicle. The Rogue also appears to share it's platform with the Qashqai (Europe) and Dualis (Japan) which are already on the market and have gotten some good reviews. The economies of platform/component sharing have surely helped reducing the issues with new models.

My '03 Alty (2nd year of the new body style) had a few minor issues that were dealt with by the dealer. By comparison, the '02 didn't have many more issues. The biggest problems were related to the QR25DE. Now in it's 2nd generation, it should be very reliable. Ditto for the Xtronic CVT which has seen use in many Nissan models over the past few years.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Excellent points Philipa! I agree completely with your take that the "hiccups" you often get form a first model year in a vehicle should be very minor with this new Rogue offering. Since the chassis, powertrain, and similar body have been in use in other models and in other regions, most of those bugs should be pretty well worked out.

This should be a very solid vehicle and a very strong competitor for the small SUV or CUV class.

originalstarlite

Something never mentioned in all those specs we have read is a power driver's seat. With all the technology that can be packaged onto the base, wouldn't it be strange to have a manual seat and non-adjusting steering wheel?

mq

Well for me that would be minor. Less chance of it braking if is manual.I just hope I can get all the bells and whistle for less than $30,000.The prices for the AWD in Cananda are pretty high.

btmom
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

I bought and still own a 2003 Murano (first year). With 90,000 miles on it and having NEVER been in the shop for repairs (knock on wood!!) just routine maintenance, I have had an excellent experience with my Murano. I have always owned American made cars and this is my first import. I would buy the Roque to replace my Murano because it supposedly will get better gas mileage. I have always heard the same thing about not buying the first year of a model, but it hasn't held true, at least for me, with the Murano. I absolutely LOVE my Murano...best car I've ever owned.

Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

Well, we need to replace an aging Isuzu Rodeo and since I commute round trip about 50 miles a day, I would like something new with an auto stick and a sunroof. It's gotta be big enough to haul the occasional load from the local home improvement store and to haul my merry little hounds on the weekends. While the RAV and the other mid size CUV's have been around for a few years, it's looking like Nissan's Rogue is a winner. Plenty O'bells and whistles and decent looks. I watched with great anticipation the rollout of the Jeep Patriot, as that was my other choice for a new SUV or CUV this year, but it had some minor teething problems as any new model would have. However they can't make enough or something. There were never very many on the dealer lot. I did test drive one, but the controls for the sunroof for example, were way out of reach. It's CTV tranny was quite nice, to be honest and gave the stereotypical American car feel: Isolated from the road. Which isn't a complaint, that's just pretty standard on American designed vehicles. You sit up high, and it provides a nice cushy ride and it was like I was in my own time zone. You can't feel the speed, which makes for a nice Cadillac type ride, but I was going 60 when I thought I was going 35 or 40.. I hope this Rogue has a nice sporty feel, and comes in at the high 20's for HWY mileage. I hope my Beagles like it too, I'll buy one if they do! Anyone else NOT like the flat fenders? Right above and around the wheel wells are those 4 or 5 inch wide flat spots, about perpendicular to the ground. That's about my only complaint against the Rogue, and that would fall under the "styling" catagory. Otherwise it has a nice set of options. I do hope it comes with driver and passenger one touch up AND down window buttons. Ok, that's my take on it. ~Mark

calgaryhhr

I saw a Rogue, didn't know what it was at the time, on the back of a flatbed tow truck the other day as I walked past a Nissan dealer. I checked the website and sure enough found out what it was that I saw.

Looks like an interesting vehicle.

I currently own a 2006 Chevy HHR and am thinking about getting rid of it for the 2008 HHR SS. If I do this I figure I should check out all the options out there this time. The HHR was an impulse buy and it's appeal dropped some time ago.

brettn
Car: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited

I was initially really excited about the Nissan Rogue, but Nissan has been so slow in releasing details, that some of the appeal has dissipated. They've released the US pricing info on just about everyone of their vehicles except the Rogue. If they know the Canadian pricing already, then they should know the US pricing as well.

Plus, the early reports of poor rear visibility and somewhat cramped cargo space are also a bit disappointing.

I recently test drove the Honda CR-V EX and the Forester 2.5x Premium.The CR-V failed to impress me, in fact I downright hated it.The Forester on the other hand, exceeded all expectations.It handled great and looked much better than I thought it would.

I wish Nissan would release some pricing info so I know if I should just drop it from my list sight unseen, or if still deserves a test drive and some consideration.

Jwe

So, I went to the preview last night at my local Nissan dealership, and signed on the dotted line (conditional on the test drive of course)....

We've been looking for a new car for a while now, and have held off due to the imminent release of the Rogue. If it drives half as nice as it looks, and feels... its a winner.

Can't wait until early October to drive it (hopefully all the way home!)

Jwe

originalstarlite wrote:Something never mentioned in all those specs we have read is a power driver's seat. With all the technology that can be packaged onto the base, wouldn't it be strange to have a manual seat and non-adjusting steering wheel?
I was in one last night. Power driver seat is an option.... I didn't check about the wheel though! The wheel was in a great place for my 6'3" (mostly legs) frame though... much more comfortable than the CR-V or RAV 4 IMHO.

Nissan5linner32

every vehicles gas mileage for 2008 will drop. EPA testing has altered and are now auditing manufactures so every vehicle will have lower gas mileage........

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

I am going to sign on the bottom line tomorrow, how much discount did you get? Also what colour did you see?

Deke40
Car: 07 Nissan Versa SL HB 08

As soon as I get my 07 Versa paid off (15 payments the first five months ) I probably will replace my wife's 05 CRV with a new Rogue.

The only conflict I see is having to buy the SL AWD Premium Package to get the Intelligent Key and Bluetooth.(This is in the brochure I picked up a the Nissan dealer I drive for.) Would also like to get the HomeLink Universal Transceiver but it requires the SL AWD Leather Package.

Before I bought my Versa I wouldn't buy anything without leather seats but the ones in the SL Versa are really comfortable and your back does not sweat as much as it does in the leather appointed ones. It looks like the Rogue is going to have the waffle pattern in the cloth seats like the Versa SL.

Might just say to heck with the kids inheritance and go for the fully loaded one.

PS-Is my understanding that the Rogue is going to be assembled in Japan correct?

audtatious

Well, it may be built in Mexico at this point. I have not seen anything difinitive yet.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

I put down my deposit today for an AWD SL with premium and leather package. The dealer confirmed they are indeed manufactured in JAPAN.

Deke40

I got this off nissianrouge.org:

Models and ManufacturingOffered in two well-equipped models: Rogue S and Rogue SL in all-wheel drive and front-wheel drive configurations Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. in Kyushu, Japan

Does this mean it is assembled in Kyushu or that Nissan Motor Co. is located there?
Modified by Deke40 at 11:34 PM 8/22/2007

audtatious

I made the page and forgot that was there (I had found a reference to Mexico in another article today). I believe that means it is built in Japan, thus it will be shipped here.

Jwe

You too eh?I can't wait 'till October.Did the dealership you went to have a listing of all the colours?

Deke40

Phantom White- S-SLGothham Gray-S-SLOrange Alloy-SLIndigo Blue-S-SLSilver Ice-S-SLVenom Red-S-SLIridium Graphite-SLWicked Black-S-SL

Return to “Rogue Forum”