So the dealership wrecked my car...

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Dache

Last week I took my car (2004 G35) into the dealership (Sewell Infiniti - Dallas) to have some warranty work done on it. Basic stuff, not too hard. Well, I get a call later that day saying that my car had been damaged. Not too bad, but it had been damaged. I left work immediately to go check on my baby. Apparently one of the delivery drivers hadn't closed his door properly, and the wind popped it open while the tech was driving by. It took out the driverside fender, front door skin, rear door, and rear quarterpanel. All in all, it was about $2900 worth of damage. Not too bad, but just bad enough.

The real kicker here was that I was just about to put my baby on the market, and consider an '06. When I started talking with the dealership, they said that they would fix it, and let me use a loaner until my car was finished. It was at this time that I pitched a professional fit. My perfect car which had never been in a wreck before, has now been marked. They were not going to give me anything for retribution. After around 4 hours of debate with the service tech I finally got them to fix my car, provide the loaner and write me a check for $1000. Did I cave in to quickly? In my mind, they should have purchased my car from me at retail value 28k (which is what I have left on the loan), and cut me a deal on an comparable '06. What do you guys think? Did I lose my shirt in this deal? They have the car being fixed right now. I haven't signed any paper work or anything. Should I call Infiniti consumer affairs and see what they can do for me?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Unfortunatly I think you got about the most that you can expect out of them. I'm suprised they cut you a check for $1000.

The problem is, that "never been wrecked" means different things to different people. You may take it as "the car has never been damaged"....but according to insurance companies (and dealers), it means there has never been a police report on it or frame damage.

Technically, the dealer fixed there problem and then some. I mean, they fixed your car back to factory specs for a problem that they created. I know that it doesn't mean the same to you (since it had never been damaged in any way up to this point), but legally they are only entitled to offer you so much.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Consider yourself lucky. As a former customer of Sewell I am surprised they were that generous.

I too had taken my car in for service and their 300lb lacking that drives your car around plopped his fat a$$ in my car and broke the drivers seat. After pitching a professional fit myself they refused to pay the $759 to fix the problem.

So I wrote Carl Sewell a Kiss my a$$ letter and I am now a customer of Crest. Good luck to you whatever you do.

Dache

Well, I guess I do feel better about this situation then. Dallas really needs a good Infiniti dealer. I'm not a fan of Crest's customer service. They treat you like you bought a Hyunda. I'm still going to call Infiniti consumer affairs and let them know how I was treated. In Oklahoma I didn't have this issue at all. I think when I get my car back, I'm going to put it on the market. I might go for a Merc, or BMW this time around...

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

There is Grubbs.

Get the Sales manager to give you a sweetheart deal on an '06. I bet Grubbs might do better.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Grubbs is no better. TRUST ME!! They are the ones I bought my J30 from before I bought the G. They suck as well. Poor customer service after the sale.

Dache is correct there are no good infiniti dealers in Dallas. I use Crest but I am not a fan of their sales team and the only reason I continue to go to them is my Service Advisor is THE BEST I have ever had and we have an awesome relationship. If Stan ever quits Crest then I will as well.

I refuse to buy anything from Sewell. I bought my G from Crest but likely won't buy another one from them. They think they are superior and they have a horrible finance manager. The guy thinks because he wears a Hugo Boss knock off suit and wears a USED rolex that somehow he is hot s&*t! Oh and he has horrible breath!!!!

Anyway, I love Infiniti's but I may have to go Houston to buy the next one. I too have reported both Sewell and Grubbs to Infiniti Consumer Affairs to no avail.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Brandon

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. Why has Corporate not gone in there and cleaned these dealerships up yet?

Jamaica2G
Car: 2005 Red G35 6MT Coupe

I just read all of this... and Im just thinking WOW... the dealers really suck!

Dache: Unfortunately, I don't think they would buy the car off you unless you 1) had it up on the market already and 2) took the dealer to court. You MIGHT be able to get a deal on an 06 with a trade in, but you might be pushing your luck with that since you already agreed to the $1000 check.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Adrian

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”