So sad, need some good advice

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
240sleeper

Hey, I have a 93' hatchback. About a month ago while cleaning the engine compartment I apparently got some cleaner in the engine. After starting the car it idled erraticly and stuttered like crazy. Well after driving it for awhile after that the engine ran fine again. Just 2 weeks ago I started experiencing small misfires while i was driving at all speeds, purrrrBLIPpurrrrBLIPBLIPpurr etc. Just today they got worse to the point where the blips doubled in frequency. Eventually the car got so rough it stalled out. It's sitting in my driveway now, the car is cranking over but will not start. It will only start if I hold the gas and when it does it is very rough and stalls out when I release gas. I have unplugged fuel filter hose and cranked over to see gas gushing out of valve cover, the filter is new. I checked the spark on the ignition wires and its ok. I also have checked the fuses but not the relays. Anybody have suggestions. I am so lost, please help :(

midnightshadow
Car: cars, snowboarding, mt biking

damn thats a crappy situation. i'd start checking computer codes. also, all electrical connections to any sensors you might want to look at. something could be loose or off entirely. hope u get it sorted out. nothing worse than a car stranded. I've been there so i know the frustration.

240sleeper

Already checked codes just got the 55. So thats not it.

240sleeper

Just timed the distributer. I also unplugged the center spark plug from distributer cap and held about inch away from cap, buddy cranked it over and there is spark. So the car is getting spark and fuel from pump. I am starting to lean towards fuel injector electronics as the culprit:thumbd . Any suggestions?

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

maybe you got soloution in the contacts between the plugs and wires from the distributor. Get a new set and figure it out. If you think you shorted the injectors, check for a signal coming from the wires and if the contacts are corroded. if still not the case, check fuel pressure and fuel pump. Mine started to sputter like that before the fuel pump died...

240sleeper

thanks for the reply,if the pump was bad the fuel wouldnt be coming out of the valve cover when the fuel filter is unplugged correct? I am going to check pressure tommorow but my mech seems to think it is ignition related. Thanks

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”