So my Mom decides to one-up me...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

She visited me in Indy a few weeks back and came to my job to drive an M35x Black/Black with the Rosewood trim and Journey Package. She also got to enjoy riding around in my brand new '06 Mazda 3. So, today she picked up an '06 M35x in the exact trim level that I let her test drive.

I'm proud to say there's an M in the family now! I'm waiting for the salesperson she worked with at Niello Infiniti of Concord, Ca. (my former place of employment) to email me pics of her car so I can post them. BTW, the salesperson she worked with was Sheila Olivan. I had talked with her in the past and told her earlier in the year that I'd convince my Mom to buy an M. Even though she had my Mom's contact info the whole time, she didn't harrass my Mom to come in and buy the car. She'd call now and then just to check and see if my Mom was ready to make a move, but nothing extreme.

I just have to say that my Mom is absolutely thrilled with the way Sheila treated her. See, my Mom was a bit skeptical because I wasn't there this time to help her through the sales process. But Sheila really went above and beyond to ensure her satisfaction and make her feel comfortable.

I just had to say that because not enough people say anything positive about dealers and salespeople.

Anyway, pics coming as soon as I get them...

Modified by gniknave at 11:14 AM 8/14/2006

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Very nice!

Z

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I've almost never had a problems with the sales people;Your story is nice - sales people tend to understand whats going on, and then treat the client with some respect;

I think most people that have issues with dealerships - actually dont like the after sale service. Even with my last issue with my dealer, the sales guy has been great and understands the level of service that should be provided. Sales guys just get it - they know what it takes to make a client happy. (of course there is exceptions on both sides)

Your story is nice, but also not surprising.

BTW my views on dealerships and sales people, come from some level of understanding - I've spent over 1.5 million in new cars myself (thats Canadian funds for those we recall the days when a CAD buck was worth way less than a USD) - and have dealt with some of the best and worst the industry offers. I was at times buying a new car every 14-24 months - my experinces with service shops is the same - my second new car ( first one got totaled within 6 weeks) - was in the service shop over 80 times inside of the year before GM wrote me a refund check on sole condition I purchase another Chevy product - the ABS failed before I had a chance to make it to the first traffic light after getting the new car, amoung MANY other issues.tk

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

tkeskic wrote:I've almost never had a problems with the sales people;Your story is nice - sales people tend to understand whats going on, and then treat the client with some respect;

I think most people that have issues with dealerships - actually dont like the after sale service. Even with my last issue with my dealer, the sales guy has been great and understands the level of service that should be provided. Sales guys just get it - they know what it takes to make a client happy. (of course there is exceptions on both sides)

Your story is nice, but also not surprising.

BTW my views on dealerships and sales people, come from some level of understanding - I've spent over 1.5 million in new cars myself (thats Canadian funds for those we recall the days when a CAD buck was worth way less than a USD) - and have dealt with some of the best and worst the industry offers. I was at times buying a new car every 14-24 months - my experinces with service shops is the same - my second new car ( first one got totaled within 6 weeks) - was in the service shop over 80 times inside of the year before GM wrote me a refund check on sole condition I purchase another Chevy product - the ABS failed before I had a chance to make it to the first traffic light after getting the new car, amoung MANY other issues.tk
I would know. I'm a salesperson myself

True about after sales service too. But my Mom has always been treated well by the Niello Infiniti service department in previous visits with the I30. This is the reason why she decided to buy with them again - even though she could have bought from me in Indiana and saved some money but would have had to ship the car back.

I refuse to work for a dealer that has a bad reputation. They have to have a good sales AND service department for me to work with them. I'm not going to work my a$$ off to please my client just to have some douche in service piss them off and make them never want to come back again. The one thing salespeople don't do enough that I try to do, is stay in contact with their clients after the sale. This way if there is an issue in service, I can be there to handle it and reassure the client that we are the ones he wants to deal with.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

And again I say "sales people just get it"I agree with your entire assement of working your "best" only to have service department screw it up... this can be avoided, and often is - but the ones that do it really bad, seem to be testing how far they can screw up before anyone says anything...

tk

WCCBaLLeR

gniknave wrote:She visited me in Indy a few weeks back and came to my job to drive an M35x Black/Black with the Rosewood trim and Journey Package. She also got to enjoy riding around in my brand new '06 Mazda 3.
LMAO!!!! If she enjoyed the Mazda 3 so much, she should've saved herself like 35k. M35 rocks.

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

gniknave wrote:
So I guess now we're even. I'm proud to say there's an M in the family now! I'm waiting for the salesperson she worked with at Niello Infiniti of Concord, Ca. (my former place of employment) to email me pics of her car so I can post them. BTW, the salesperson she worked with was Shiela Olivan. I had talked with her in the past and told her earlier in the year

I posted my qreat experience With Niello under dealerships several months ago....funny, I met shiela during my 15 minute vist. Who was the young guy writing service? He was GREAT.David Niello has a stellar reputation up in SACTO at his Audi Dealership. They just expanded. Big new location.

Mcrewsq

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”