So, just leased my EX35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
lionheart

Hey everyone,

I frequent this forum once in a while, but decided to finally take the plunge and make my first post after leasing my EX35 today (picking up tomorrow). I've test driven the car, but I am still very, very eager to get me in this car for a longer drive. The EX35 is the Journey edition in Tidewater and comes with the Premium and Navigation packages. I opted out of the technology and Luxe packages as I personally couldn't justify the extra costs. Either way, I think MSRP on the car was just under 42,000. I got a 24 month, 12k mile lease for $4800 down and $350 a month. I was wondering what you everyone thought about the pricing on the lease (this is the first car I've ever leased and I'm not very good when it comes to attaining a new car, but I thought it was a damn good deal). The dealer said that anything less than this would be too much loss on the dealer side, supposedly.My only slight disappointment is that I didn't realize that non-Luxe packages did not come with xenon headlights; the sales rep told me that all EX35's come stock with xenon, so I got the impression that it was only the Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) that differed with the Luxe package. Either way, I have yet to pick up the car so hopefully the xenons are on it. Other than that, I'm totally excited to start driving and I look forward to posting more on these forums!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to address something else that bothered me a bit. Apparently the car the dealer sold me has 133 miles on it; they claim that the car was swapped with another dealer in CT, but I don't know how credible this is. Think I should inquire more into this, or is this not a big deal? Thanks again.
Modified by lionheart at 7:07 PM 7/24/2008

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Welcome to Nico.

Glad you made the leap to a new Infiniti. Great cars, great engines and great transmissions. I'm sure you're going to love the car.

I think the EXs have bi-xenon. With the bi-xenon both low and high are xenon.

I can't speak for a dealer, however, I've learned to take anything they say with a large grain of salt. Anyway you look at it, EX's are expensive, so you probably got a good deal.

Again, welcome to Nico.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

no, EX35s are not bi xenon. Someone else was griping about that.

espressomac
Car: Audi Cabriolet

Congrats on your new EX! You're really going to enjoy it.

Re your lease, if you're happy, then it was a good deal. Just the same, you may want to compare the lease rate/residuals they gave you compared to the Infiniti Financial Services lease rate for July 2008 on Journey Models:

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD – 7/9/0824 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00014 Base Rate36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00057 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD – 7/9/0824 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00014 Base Rate36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00057 Base Rate

BTW, our first choice was the Tidewater but it was impossible to find in the configuration we wanted. Post pictures!

my workmy playmy EX35

EX-lover
Car: Infiniti EX 35

congratulation!! i have a tidewater too, i love the color.

I had 150km on my delivery, it was driven from another dealership. Oh well...

150km ~ ----------- = 0 Hence, forget about it and enjoy your new toy. Lifespan of the Vehicle

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

lionheart wrote:My only slight disappointment is that I didn't realize that non-Luxe packages did not come with xenon headlights; the sales rep told me that all EX35's come stock with xenon, so I got the impression that it was only the Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) that differed with the Luxe package. Either way, I have yet to pick up the car so hopefully the xenons are on it. Other than that, I'm totally excited to start driving and I look forward to posting more on these forums!
Xenon's are the reason I got the Luxe. Don't come without.
lionheart wrote:EDIT: Oh, I forgot to address something else that bothered me a bit. Apparently the car the dealer sold me has 133 miles on it; they claim that the car was swapped with another dealer in CT, but I don't know how credible this is. Think I should inquire more into this, or is this not a big deal? Thanks again.
No biggie. Just make sure the odometer reading is in the agreement. Your 12k/year starts at that number.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”