So is this forum officially dead?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
nmarcano3
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5

Hey guys and whoever is left out there. I'd been silently stalking this forum for various pictures, ideas, how-tos and what not for some time and decided to take a chance and register. Now I know that many of the posts here are from years back when the car was more popular, but I'm curious how many people from the active time are still around? Are they/you somewhere else online or is this just like an ancient playground of 'just go search it yourself' replies?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I don't think so, but I'm not sure what constitutes 'dead' these days. I did just look at some of the Altima Forum sub-threads, like for each generation and they have most posts from this year in the top. That tells me they're active. Who's still around? That's tough to say. I don't know how to review statistics for our sites. We have others who do that and they let us know when to archive or consolidate topics of discussion. Why do you ask?

nmarcano3

Well that's embarrassing. I really wasn't expecting a reply so soon, especially the same day. I did see a lot of new threads, but many of them seem to get no replies. So since I finally got my car that I've always wanted, I'd had a question or two about things that I haven't seen in the forum already. I've googled many things that have lead me to these pages so I've seen quite a bit already. Will check a bit more often now.

centralcoaster33

Well, I hope you can get something useful from joining our user base. I think the search feature works, whereas it doesn't for lurkers. Google is a pretty good workaround for searching of course. I do know we qualify for a discount at some approved vendors (mostly the ones with ads in the lower left corner of a page) like FR Sport, Shaftmasters, etc. So, maybe you'll get a chance to benefit from that. I don't think you have to join to get the FSM, even though that's a super valuable resource. You should download that to your device to have handy whenever you might need it.

We may or may not be the hip and cool hang out spot for all the Nissan and Infinity Owners, but we're a good group for many and try to keep a positive and helpful attitude in general. I think it's great that you have acquired a car that you really wanted and I hope you enjoy it thoroughly! Same goes for your membership here. Welcome to NICO Club! :bigthumb:

nmarcano3

Thank you! From what I've seen, i don't think my baby will be favored so much, but I think it was a deal. In 2016, I purchased a 2013 A/C with only 12k miles. Most posts I've seen here don't really favor the CVT and 2.5, but that's all they made the final year. I love it though. I don't need to race anyone.

So... FSM? Eh?

centralcoaster33

You're the only one who needs to be happy with your car. Though it is kind of neat when others seem interested as well. My first was a 1993 Ford Probe Automatic. I had a ton of fun in that car! Exploring back-roads, driving with friends, installing a few stereo systems and learning to drive aggressively with a semi-sporty little car. I switched to RWD later and then to 5 speed later again.

FSM is under service manuals in the list of 'pull down' looking links at the top of the Nico webpages. The FWD is the foreward and will have the table of contents. You'll want to download each chapter individually. Here's a link to each chapter link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2013%20Altima/

Mike Richardson
Car: Nissan Altima

I hope this forum isn't dead. I signed up for this one, because all the other forums had the exact same "popup" on them, that wanted me to pay to register (along with a free option). The same design on all of them, like it's maybe one guy that owned all those forums.

centralcoaster33

No hidden fees here, Welcome to NICO Club!

ca18det_boy

Mike Richardson wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:21 am
I hope this forum isn't dead. I signed up for this one, because all the other forums had the exact same "popup" on them, that wanted me to pay to register (along with a free option). The same design on all of them, like it's maybe one guy that owned all those forums.
What forums demand you pay? The only thing I've ever seen was a donation, never a mandatory registration fee.

Mike Richardson
Car: Nissan Altima

ca18det_boy wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:23 pm
What forums demand you pay? The only thing I've ever seen was a donation, never a mandatory registration fee.

It was not a demand, but it was still sketchy. All the forums had a really similar looking site design. It seemed as if they were all owned by the same guy. (reminds me of John Steinbeck's The Pearl)

ca18det_boy

Yeah forget that noise. NICO is where it's at and it has been for over a decade. You won't be disappointed here.

Flash777
Car: 2017 Nissan Maxima

I've seen some threads in this forum that are a bit old and have no responses but there's also a lot of new and interesting threads so it's a combo of both. I read through all the threads though to be honest.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Glad to have ya, Flash!

Return to “Altima General Discussions”