So I've been missing for a few months....

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

And have been working like a dog on my car. I guess it's been closer to a year or so. But for a while, I had gotten hurt and had a few surgeries and such. Also trying to get to visit my daughter every chance I get.

Anyways, lots of upgrades. I'll just let some pictures do some talkin'.
Key parts are a Full-Race manifold, T67/T04R .58ar i think, new intercooler piping and all that jazz, some ID2000' injectors, Brian Crower V3's, and Nistune. Oh, and some 17x9.75 wheels, but no cool stance pictures because I'm trying to stuff them under the car still.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Gonna have to put some serious lip on those fenders...lol.

eazye2000

Yeah I'm not sure how I'm going to get them to fit. Either going to get some 245/40's all around and camber the piss out of them, or I'm going to actually put tires that grip and make them touch the road.
Still working on my truck right now. '97 F250 with a 460. Total rebuild of the motor. Cam and fun stuff came in yesterday, hoping to get it assembled today and in by the weekend.

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

wow, thats pretty nice! Quick qeustion - it looks like you're A/c compressor is still attacted , how much room do you have between the compressor hose block and the manifold??

eazye2000

D-UNIT wrote:wow, thats pretty nice! Quick qeustion - it looks like you're A/c compressor is still attacted , how much room do you have between the compressor hose block and the manifold??
Haha, yeah... ABout that... The manifold is a Full Race T4 manifold. I had to bend the lines coming off the compressor, right at that block you're talking about. It's DAMN close. I bought like 120 bucks worth of heat shielding for down there, and the surrounding parts.
I haven't charged the system yet, but it's been holding like 65psi for the past few months (pressurized with compressor). I still have to see if it's going to work efficiently or not.

I'm actually having a guy drive down a few hours to try and help me tune this thing a little better. I'll let you know how it turns out.

neverlift

datascan and maptrace brother!

ac is the s***. I too had to bend my line to clear my little t3 setup, damn thing broke, took it to stage6 and had it tig'd back together shorter and at a different angle, its still not perfect but it gets the job done, keeping the line cool is important IMHO, I wrapped it with heat wrap and got an honest 10~15* cooler air on a 100 degree day!

I could spend 30 minutes covering the rest in the area but I think some sort of actual shield would work better, I have an external gate running on the other side of it lol.

And some advice on the ac system please use a working high/low pressure switch, and replace the s*** oem over pressure switch(when it fails your done and the system is open to atmo) with one from a newer model, I mean the system will be empty and it reseals when/if it has to vent.

eazye2000

Hey, good idea on the new overpressure switch. I didn't know about that. I'm sure that beast gets quite hot at times and wants to vent.

I have the car driving pretty good. I just need to send my tune to someone and have them look it over to make sure I can start beating on it. Then it's game on. And I will probably get my A/C charged at that point too.

I just got my new wheels on yesterday. Had to utilize Megans extender front lower coil brackets to get these effin' wheels to clear.

neverlift

if you have a burner or the bin I can look it over just tell me what your working with for boost/maf/injectors. Dont have my last maptrace in front of me but IIRC tp is around 65 for 7ish psi on a small t3

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Woah, new setup looks killer! Last I saw you were selling the car, I guess you're keeping it?

eazye2000

Yeah it looks like I'm keeping it. I traded my ID2000's for 2 sets of injectors in which I have one running pretty good right now.
I need to get back with neverlift about this new tune I have going on, but I need a newer laptop before I start try messing with it anymore.

I'm willing to trade my Nistune for an EMS plus cash on my end if anyone is interested. I don't know if Nistune can go as high as I want it to go for HP.

neverlift

f*** I'll trade a megasquirt lol but that would be under value for the nistune.. lol

yeah man I can take a look at it, so the 850s went in and tuned without issue?

I feel you on the laptop, I cant get this friggin acer to boot from flash for anything, and my other laptop doesnt like windows updates, seeing it crash 3 times after updates which ate 3 licenses for my nds. grr

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Still have the 3076? :naughty:

eazye2000

No, 3076 went with a whole shebang of things for CHEAP money.... :(

Yeah, the 850's went in and worked pretty well. I still have a gremlin in cruise at 2k, I get 10:1 AFR's or WORSE.... At 2,500-3,000 is clears up pretty good. I don't know what it is. When I get the laptop going better, I'll try to e-mail you a copy neverlift.

Right now, the dipstick is stuck in the tube. The handle melted off, and the rubber grommet I think melted down and is somewhere in the bottom keeping it from coming out now.... I'm going to 'warm' it up and see if I can't yank that bastard out of there....

neverlift

lol I bent mine so far it wont go in unless you work it good.

Add some timing to that area!

infinitedrift
Car: 99' Cherokee
11' M56s
03' M45
03' Maxima(SOLD)
08' M35
91' 240(SOLD)
07' Crown Vic (wink)

ahhhh!!!, you got the XXR 527's. I wont those sooooo bad.

eazye2000

Yeah, I did get the 527's, waited almost 7 months for those bastards to come in though...

Ok, I'll try to add some timing. I wont be able to take it for a spin until later tonight or tomorrow. I'm going out now to warm it up and see if I can get that dipstick out of there.

And I found a nifty use for an old Iowa plate I got off a car I had bought a while back. Makes a really good heat shield... ;)

neverlift

great idea on the tagshield :p

I had a couple spots that were in the low load/rpm cruise area that would drop from my tuned value of 15.4:1 afr to 10:1or lower, the value ended up around 0 so I threw some timing in it.

eazye2000

Ok bud, sent you the BIN. I piddled around with it this morning a little bit. I just remembered that I still had it on the battery charger, so I hope that doesn't make too much of a difference.
Anyways, I'll be on this thing like white on rice this afternoon. Got the dipstick out, and just need to find a way to secure it in there since everything is melted now.. Maybe a soda can or something around it... hah

neverlift

saw the email,didnt get to look yet. knuckle busting on an l28et in a 240z last night till around 2 has me beat...and thats too much brain function lol

eazye2000

Well hurry up and look at that BIN... lol I'm taking it out tonight I think. Going to try and get 18psi running good on pump. Then I might head over and try some 100 they have on pump in the next town over ^_^

But I want you to tell me that the tune is going to hold it... lol

neverlift

sorry man I was not able to check it ou yesterday. What tp are you setting at for the cruise area, your whole timing map looks soft. I have values as high as 45* advance.

eazye2000

TP I'm in the first two columns. More in the 2nd colum the most in cruise at 2k.

I don't know about the timing. I think I did that because I never really 'set' my timing with a gun lol. I need to do that now that I have a factory crank pulley on it now. The aluminum underdrive one didn't have marks on it.

I'm going to be trying to raise the timing a little bit when I go get some 100 at the pump after I figure this street pump tune out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh, and I rolled/pulled my rear fenders. Looks like poop, but I will post pictures soon.

neverlift

yeah set the timing and it should really clear up, but that load column is low on timing anyway, and get the o2 feedback off so you are controlling that cell.

eazye2000

Ok man, I'll check it out. It didn't fix whatever I did the last time, so I'm going at it again.

Car runs like a beast at 16psi. I had it a little more, but the gauge hit 22psi and the gauge line blew off so I turned it down lol.. zip ties ftw.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”