So I need a nav system and mp3 capability

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
NewOrlnsDukie
Car: golf

OK. I'll admit it -- I'm cheap. I would've loved to get the tech pkg, but the intelligent key + DVD player (w/ no kids) + special cruise control system (for a person who "commutes" 2 miles to work everyday) -- a little too much. So, I bought a 35 sport. What I really need is mp3 capability w/ a nav system (which I would've loved to have).

My best-case scenario would be a nav system and stereo that either:1)allows a plugin for mp3 player (esp. my ipod)or 2) IS an mp3 player w/ mac compatibiliy (I'm one of those mac people)

SO, any advice?? Stores, products, etc? Anything that they can install (I'm not much of a DIY'er) that will fit all my needs? I've seen an Alpine pkg that could be a good fit, but I'm not overly optimistic (bad experiences w/ Alpine in the past).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Well, all I can recommed for your situation is as follows.

1. remove the clock and install a new deck with navigation that plays MP3 and a lot of brands like pioneer and alpine and so on carry them with at least a 6" screen.

2. just get a tape adapter and use your ipod with the stock tape deck and you can hear all the MP3 you want by only spending a few dollars.

good luck

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Hi hope this helps

the perfect solution to you MP3 needs but it does not have a navigation with it.

http://www.phatnoise.com/produ...i.php

Nismon

new product will let you control ipod with steering wheel buttons. for stereos with CD changer control. comes with professional mount for your FX. they're out of stock on the nissan kit at the moment. ICE-Link by Dension. check out http://icelink.densionusa.com/ http://densionusa.com/merchant...INITI

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

I just wish the factory Bose system played mp3 CDs. I could fit an awful lot of my music on those 6 CDs, and rarely have to change them out. :D

Nismon

I agree a thousand percent! even the new GM stock cd player will play MP3's CD's. the downside of using the above ICElink device is you would lose the use of the stock cd changer.

Salsa
Car: Dance

MikeNColo wrote:I just wish the factory Bose system played mp3 CDs..../B]

Wow, I had no idea that the CD player couldn't read MP3. That is a major bummer. Add that to the list. A bluetooth mobile phone would have been nice too.

BTW, I love my iPod and Macintosh computers too.

Nismon

The new ipod mini's brushed aluminum casing will match the center console of the FX's perfectly. Ten Technology is coming out with a bluetooth car stereo adapter for the ipod this year.

Nismon

just had another thought for MP3 in the FX's. If you have the DVD option installed, you can use a mini to RCA cable, connecting the iPod or any other player to the audio input jacks on the front of the DVD player. push "mode" on the DVD player once and push CD/Rear audio button on the front console and voila! better sound quality than any cassette adapter or FM transmitter. you can route the wires under the carpet or center console for neatness.

Return to “Murano Forum”