So does everyone here have CVT?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
thoroughbred3.0
Car: 1990 nissan z32 n/a

Ok, so i went to my local stealership and said "I'm interested in the Cube, but I want it with the 6 speed"

He looks at me for a good two seconds.

"Do even make em in stick?" wtf."yes you do""O...well....why do you want a stick?" wtf again.

So anyway he goes on to tell me that the nearest one is in PA blah blah blah. He essentially tells me to F*uck Off.

So despite Nissan advertising the s*** out of the 6 speed on their website they actually hardly exist? Anyone one here have it with a third pedal?

So I bought a chevy instead...

W

Yes, they exist. There are plenty of folks that have 6-speed manual Cubes. But because the model just launched 3 months ago, availability isn't quite up to snuff yet.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

thoroughbred3.0 wrote:Ok, so i went to my local stealership and said "I'm interested in the Cube, but I want it with the 6 speed"

He looks at me for a good two seconds.

"Do even make em in stick?" wtf."yes you do""O...well....why do you want a stick?" wtf again.

So anyway he goes on to tell me that the nearest one is in PA blah blah blah. He essentially tells me to F*uck Off.

So despite Nissan advertising the s*** out of the 6 speed on their website they actually hardly exist? Anyone one here have it with a third pedal?

So I bought a chevy instead...
this days dealers think of the human in a very lazy way specially if you are here in USA, because unless is a sports coupe you wont get a stick car that easy, we wanted a stick cube but the guys say flat out we have mostly automatic , you will have to guess what mayority of people will drive this car and for what purpose?.......i bet you not many people will say for the purpose to turn it into a little honda beater! most people will say "fun car" "commute car" "show car"......all this purposes come easier with an automatic instead of a stick, thats my quik guess, but personally i do fall on the lazy crowd lol! my xb is only 5 speed and it gets very old to drive it around town, now imagine 6 speed on a bumper to bumper freeway.i think if you want a stick cube really bad you will have to order it, but like you said dealers dont take you that serious this days

Square1
Car: 09 Cube

I agree, the 6 speeds are hard to find. Doing my search I actually found several base models with a 6 speed. But I want a 1.8S with a 6 speed. Now that's looking for a needle in a hay stack. It took me several day's to find one. Unfortunately it's about 700 miles away. So I decided to buy it. Fortunately it's near where my son and his family live, so I'll go down to FL and visit them for a few day's and pick up my Cube while I'm in town.

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

guilty...got a CVT. Have always driven a stick. Wifey's got the auto, but...laziness has set in, plus i didn't wanna teach her how to drive stick, so with the auto we went. shizz...i guess that means now she can drive my cube. wtf was i thinking? lol!

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

I got the stick (base model). It was on a weekend ad so can't be picky because of the price.

Love the manual so far...I don't live in stop and go traffic. It can be pain when I visit SF time to times.

My family (actually mainly me) are frugal/cheap, however you call it, we keep our car for a long time (200K). We want something we can rely on and CVT is not one of them.

smac103
Car: pearl white cube s

i test drove the manual, and really liked it.... i prefer stick shifts, but i bought the cvt for three reasons, first i liked the way it drives, that "slingshot effect" is kinda fun...second, i have a horrible commute 12 miles to work, but an hour each way driving stop and go! THIRD, i have a jeep wrangler 5 speed as my (now) secondary vehicle that i use when i get the itch to drive a stick. but yes , the sticks are out there and seem to be about one in every four or so here in louisiana.i also see that there is supposedly an optional "non CVT" 4 speed automatic in the S-model "commercial use" versions. anyone seen one of those?

dink74
Car: 09 Nissan Cube 1.8s Scarlet Red, 08 Smart Passion Cabrio Yellow/Black, 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi SLT Ye

I got a stick in the color I wanted and it only took 2 days for my dealer to find it and have it delivered to MD. If your dealer does not want to do the work to find a stick find a new dealer. The stick is nice, I like it a lot and so does the wife.

Dink

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

Square1 wrote:I agree, the 6 speeds are hard to find. Doing my search I actually found several base models with a 6 speed. But I want a 1.8S with a 6 speed. Now that's looking for a needle in a hay stack. It took me several day's to find one. Unfortunately it's about 700 miles away. So I decided to buy it. Fortunately it's near where my son and his family live, so I'll go down to FL and visit them for a few day's and pick up my Cube while I'm in town.
When I bought my Cube a month ago, Mossy Nissan had about 36 cubes among all their local dealerships. I checked today and they still have 30 with at least 4 6-speed manuals. The cube isn't selling that fast here in San Diego.

Square1
Car: 09 Cube

I went down to FL and picked up my Cube S with a 6 speed about two weeks ago. Long drive but I couldn't be happier. Our local stealership tried very hard to locate an "S" model with a 6 speed but all they found were base models. Like me the only "S" with a 6 speed they could locate anywhere was the one I bought from Daytona Nissan. They could have swapped one of theirs for it and brought it in for me but then there would have been additional shipping costs. So I decided to go pick it up myself and make it a vacation while I was there. - Dan

PixieDrea
Car: 2010 Nissan cube s, 1986 Nissan Stanza Wagon

I ordered a 6-speed just this Monday. It will be here in 3 months. I wanted the Bitter Chocolate, and had to have a manual. I went to a "no-haggle" dealership where they're not comissioned sales people, so they didn't just want to sell me what they had on the lot. I explained that I wanted a 6-speed and they could help me find one or I would go somewhere else. It couldn't have been easier! After about 30 minutes they told me my best bet was to order one, then I could get exactly what I wanted. So I'm getting fog lights, interior lighting package, 6-speed in Bitter Chocolate!

Heavy Metal Doctor

I searched online inventory first and found every dealer around had a couple MT Cubes. The closest dealer to me, where I bought mine, had about 10 or 12 Cubes on the lot and I think maybe 3 where 6 speeds -- Of which I bought one of those.I've always been a manual tranny person for longevity / reliabilty / cost...I put on tons of miles and I can always replace a failed clutch fast / easy /cheap if the need arrises, without throwing wrench in my plans / budget for the cost of and auto trans rebuild / replacement. I know most people wont keep a car long enough for it to matter - but I intend to keep my Cube indefinitely.....

Return to “Cube Forum”