So. CAL. Mr2 /silvia / 180sx Meet Official..sept. 13, 2003

Including HI and CA
initial s14
Car: collect cars

hi there again folks! i know i know... you want to know if this meet has fallen to its face.. but nope ! this meet is officially on and will be on Sept 13,2003 at 9:30 a.m.sorry for the long wait due to the hard time it had given me to find a good place to do this....but now we do.... .a decent place that i thought could accomodate 30+ cars...

We will now meet next to Santa Monica Airport on the corner of Ocean park and 28th St.. The entrance is from Ocean Park Blvd. As you go toward the airport you'll see the parking area to your right. We will stay at that place from 9:30-11:00 to make sure everyone who wanted to come made it. other plans will be discussed during that period.

map is available at yahoo maps or mapquest.comi have noticed that i couldnt link the map correctly to this post. if you do try yahoo map/mapquest.com, i would suggest that you enter the address info like this:

28th street and ocean park blvd.santa monica, ca

Some believe that this is a race.... It's NOT a race. We will only cruise and hang out as ive discussed from my first post not too long ago(pls search post and read it). That means the speed limits and all traffic laws applies to all that attend. this meet will attract a lot of attention. As you arrive at the meet location, please drive as slowly and as quietly as possible so as to not attract too much attention to yourself. Do not rev and chirp tires as you arrive. This will get us all kicked out. Once you arrive at the parking lot, find a suitable place to park and turn off your engine. If we all act like adults we will have a great day for all to enjoy.AGAIN.... THIS IS NOT A RACE, SPEED CONTEST, EXHIBITION OF SPEED but just a cruise.... again, any other plans will be discussed at the meet day.

now that ive said that, check your cars thoroughly. Make sure your tires are in good condition and inflated properly. Basic common sense things. Specially, make sure that your car is in good mechanical condition. If you're not sure please leave it at home. You do not want to have car troubles especially if theres a plan for a long cruise by the ocean.

Bring a Thomas Guide if you have one.

Bring Radios if you have them (walkie talkie) and coordinate with others as to which channel to use.

To all 240sx who are officially attending, i require you to email me at this address: [email protected]......so that i can get an actual count and i will post your names on this post as official attendees the day before. USE YOUR USERNAME AND IF YOU ARE FROM NICO..(so i could track down how many are coming from zilvia.net)....if you are from both clubs, pls use only one club name.

THIS IS MY FIRST MEET I AM COORDINATING SO MAKE IT AS SUCCESSFUL AS I HOPE FOR...

BRING YOUR COMMON SENSE AND LEAVE THE EGOS AND TESTOSTERONES AT HOME. DON'T COME IF YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING. PLEASE!!!!!

THIS IS THE DAY WE CAN ALL BE TOGETHER AND DEMONSTRATE OUR BRUTAL FIRE POWER TO THE RICERS !! .. RICERS, YOUR ASSES ARE GRASSED !!...BWAAHAHHA !!(OOPS JUST KIDDING !)

:icesangel

Anand

sorry... gotta work from 8-5 that day... plus I won't have my car..

fliprayzin240sx
Car: 97 240sx w/S13 SR20--RIP
93 S14 Silvia w/ S15 Spec R SR20--RIP
95 240sx kouki convert RB25det

Im down if i wake up early enuff...im gonna be coming from Riverside area.

initial s14

hey flip ! i can have you meet up with my mr2 friend who is my partner on this meet.. he lives in riverside too.. you can hook up with him so he's got someone to drive with or vice versa...SW20 AND MCS14.. A BEAUTIFUL PARTNERSHIP ! :)

oh by the way guys, here are the list of confirmed ones ( i think):

BuudweizerrS13s lost illusionyeswepromiseHolisticbeatzAle89setwofortyesecksmikeeKouki s13Blue and White R1PhaxDoriftomodachiZero S-13Drifta 180sx

Plus 8 more from zilvia.net and 10 SO FAR AND STILL GROWING from the MR2 forum

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Dang I wish I could go....

I'm busy every Saturday this month....dang it....:(

initial s14

someone has asked me if there is a canyon run..... yes there is

ale89se
Car: s13 silvia

now i can't go cuz my sister has an all star that morning. she just made the team last night! =<

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

i gotta cancel, didn't know it was this saturday, I have lessons for something, and school on Saturdays and Sunday mornings... My bad sorry... maybe if there's something later at night... besides why would there be a run in the daytime? with that many cars... not too safe and it's pretty obvious... i think I'll stick to practicing where it's a little safer...

initial s14

well daytime is fine to many....... because saturday night is CLUB NIGHT !.... woohoo !! does anybody go to Century Club at Century City?

BuudWeizErr

I am going to have to back out. Santa Monica is just a little farther than I want to drive. To go drive some more when we get there. Plus 9:30 in the morning is way too early. I'd have to leave my house at 7:30 to get there in time.

Sorry man. If you want a cruise, make it smaller and make it at night. Some of us don't care about clubbing.

initial s14

well dont worry man, next time is a next time. tomorrow will be hot and i as far as i know.. after such cruise everybody wants to hit the beaches...its summer dude ! gotta enjoy the sun while we can!

next meet that i will do will be somewhere in san gabriel and yeah it will be at night ........night canyon run? hmmm.....

initial s14

im leaving tonight and i want to post this confirmation before tomorrow.....

These are the peeps coming:

yeswepromiseHolisticbeatztwofortyesecksmikeeKouki s13Blue and White R1PhaxDoriftomodachiZero S-13Drifta 180sxfliprayzin240sx

at the other forum about 12 more were supposed to come from Zilvia.net... for some reason they deleted my thread and now ive lost count of actual 240sx coming. I hope it wasnt because they were MR2 haters..... or ill be pissed !

i want to tell you guys that i have no control of you after this meet. i suggest to bring your girlfriends with you and enjoy the summer fun at numerous beaches you can visit along the coast.

some people have emailed me in regards about distance and could not drive as far.... oh well... i will take pictures and post it for those who didnt make it. see ya there !!

yeswepromise

i'm not going.i dont think doriftomodachi is going

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

hmmm i wonder what happened after all...

initial s14

mr2 people said if we were the type people that invites and never show.... all of them whove signed up went...... me and a friend where the only 240sx. more people have signed up on zilvia.net but deliberately deleted by its admin and we lost touch with everybody else......the 240sx crowd in that forum thought it was cancelled..... however, it was a blast to drive with the 3s-gte guys. their cars were truly set for canyon runs.. 2 heats were made and it was Initial D style. i was left out both uphill and downhill buts its ok i needed that much gap in between coz my car was SLIDING !!!! Anyway, they might not show enthusiam again for 240sx if we will just ditch em.

Holisticbeatz

Dude, that was not a well planned out meet. Too short of a notice, you didn't even bother discussing a meet date. You just made the date and finalized it. And another thing, the meet was too damn early in the morning, 9:30 for crying out loud, ON A SATURDAY! Don't get me wrong, I love the canyons, but I rather not run 'em during the day.

You seem like a cool person with good intentions and if you come up with a better meet idea, I would go. And another thing, if the MR2 guys aren't so fond of 240SX guys, then %^#&*( all of them! Most of 'em seemed like stuck up SOBs when I saw their cars at Life Plaza.

Holisticbeatz

initial s14 wrote:Anyway, they might not show enthusiam again for 240sx if we will just ditch em.

and one more thing, don't use the word WE so freely. 240SX owners are scattered unlike the tight knit MR2 family.

initial s14

true true....but see not all of em are stuck up...please dont use "ALL of Them" so freely either (j/k)... i say..@#$%^& to some not all....still a couple of them guys find our cars interesting and have tried to show to mingle with few new faces ...

that early was cool to all because malibu was'nt the type of place that everybody knows each canyon way....each of us wanted to take time to cruise and explore malibu and day drive was good for that . also, we had to stop by at some beach and rest...if we all knew the canyons there, we could run the meet anytime even at sundown.

but like i said the run still came out to be a blast since the front man was a maniac at 100 mph (no not really but he was fast) and that gave us a bit more space to speed up even more so it was a real fun ride.

if i was to set another day with them i am just goin to invite few that i know from MR2 and 240sx and one of them will be you Holisticbeatz.

Return to “California Region”