So Cal: Autocross Sunday, July 13 who's going?

Including HI and CA
S13hashiriya
Car: snowboarding

Who's going to this Sunday's autox @ California Speedway?

$30 for non-members$20 for members

3 laps, time attack

http://www.solo2.com

show up early (7AM) or you won't get to run

BuudWeizErr

I REALLY must buy a helmet. I can't go.... :cries:

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

damn I can't go, work sucks...

koukis13
Car: r/c cars, drifting streetracing, being with family tuning cars

its 30 bucks i need a helmet SA95 right?? i need one 2 hopefully ill be able to scoop 1 up before this weekend

S13hashiriya

they have loaner helmets there. GO GO GO

Anand

I need to practice ono some runs or something before I go.. I don't want to make an A$$ out of my self.. =( but I'm still down to go...

I just might not be here that weekend... I have to go to my neice's bdya party in AZ..

koukis13

what kind of tech inspection do they do? like what parts do they check, i am going to replace my tie rod ends and my tension rod bushing what else do you think? have you done solo2 before? thanks

S13hashiriya

koukis13 wrote:what kind of tech inspection do they do? like what parts do they check, i am going to replace my tie rod ends and my tension rod bushing what else do you think? have you done solo2 before? thanks
lol yall gotta read the faqs and novice handbook at solo2.com

Actually, passing tech isn't that hard. Basically, they check if your battery is SECURELY fastened, shake your wheels side to side to make sure nothing's loose cuz you'll be turning like a b10tch out there, and check your interior to make sure your wires, guns, and explosives are secure or removed so they don't fly around when you're running the course.

koukis13

coolio then must definitely going to find out how a helmet is though! i missed the dd7 , didnt register in time so i need to race somewhere:)

S13hashiriya

Black240 wrote:I need to practice ono some runs or something before I go.. I don't want to make an A$$ out of my self.. =( but I'm still down to go...

I just might not be here that weekend... I have to go to my neice's bdya party in AZ..
you can't really practice runs. Very few cars get out of 2nd gear cuz there are so many turns. You just gotta go and do it.

koukis13

have you been to solo2 runs before s13hashiriya, is there spots where you can chill? like a grandstand or something, my wife wants to go but doesnt want to be around where the cars are, any info will help1

S13hashiriya

umm.. yea, I've run solo2.. Places to chill? That depends on the location. Last location had everything: grassy areas, trees with shade (just a couple), even a grandstand (actually, it was a pedestrian bridge and ppl sat on the steps). This time, it may just be asphalt and concrete, so bring a chair, golf umbrella, sunscreen, maybe a book if she's not a "car person".... oh, don't forget to bring food and drink for me :D j/p

koukis13

okay thamks man hope to see you there ill be in a drk grey 240(the old beater lol) got to get my stock muffler put on think my car 2 loud, so ya there

S13hashiriya

Don't worry about the noise cuz I'm sure there are lotsa cars with louder exhausts (straight thru). Hopefully, I'll have my LSD installed for the event.

koukis13

yeah my exhausty is str8 through, header stock piping and the stock resonator i just want to be turned away cause of my exhaust

koukis13

autocross solo 2 is the off the hoof for shizo did you s13hashira i saw a primered black 240 was u i was in the drk grey 240! if u did go what was your time?

S13hashiriya

yea, I was there. I was parked next to a dark grey S13 hatchback, but that owner was Japanese and he'd run before. He sells VLSDs if you're interested $200. There was also a white OLD SKOOL RHD Silvia next to me ('60s or '70s), and a pimped out kouki S14 also close by. I saw an S13 in my class with AEM intake pipe. Was that you? I was in the red S13 coupe, fully gutted interior. My time suct: 57secs on 2nd run, spun out on 3rd run. Stayed out late the night before with a touge group, came in late, slept during the runs, only walked the course once. That's my EXCUSE hehe. Lesson: be PREPARED. How'd you do? Did you stay for the fun runs?

Return to “California Region”