So AC is on - Car is idling - Q45 1999 - Should my Fans Be On??

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
HansCC
Car: 1999 Y33 Cima

So AC is on - Car is idling - Q45 1999 - Should my electric Fans Be On??

Mine are not and I notice when idling the cool feature is very LOW - I read the fans have to be on to assist the A/C to run optimal -
Is this a correct statement?
Thx
H.

HansCC
Car: 1999 Y33 Cima

So found this - my air conditioner when idling is slightly warm and will not blow cold cold air.
Once the car gets up to speed the air gets colder and AC is fine...
Temp gauge is ok and I only have 63k on the vehicle but she is 20 yrs. old
Car is not overheating
I looked at the condenser fans and they are idle when the car is sitting - mmm
Anyone have this issue?
Estimator/Infiniti/Q45/Air Conditioning Condenser Fan Motor Replacement Cost
The average cost for an Infiniti Q45 air conditioning condenser fan motor replacement is between $364 and $517. Labor costs are estimated between $70 and $222 while parts are priced between $294 and $295. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
View repair cost for a different car
Get a repair estimate for your car
Submit
Best Practices
The condenser cooling fan motor is often sold as, and replaced as an assembly that includes the fan blades and housing.

Anytime a vehicle is overheated a shop should test for further engine damage.

Common Symptoms
The air conditioner will stop blowing cold air when requested.
Engine overheating with the AC on, especially in traffic, is a common side effect when the condenser cooling fan motor fails.
Common Misdiagnoses
The air conditioning condenser cooling fan motor relay or fan control module is often mistakenly replaced when the fan motor does not function.
Since the air conditioner blows warm, erroneous addition of refrigerant to the system is common, but will only further complicate air conditioner issues.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”