Snow tires vs. all season for winter in Wisconsin

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
greggt
Car: FX35

I'm about to replace my Bridgestone Potenzas with 51,000 miles and am considering winter tires due to the snow & ice we get here in Wisconsin. Any recommendations for winter tires or all season that do well in winter would be much appreciated.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

greggt wrote:I'm about to replace my Bridgestone Potenzas with 51,000 miles and am considering winter tires due to the snow & ice we get here in Wisconsin. Any recommendations for winter tires or all season that do well in winter would be much appreciated.
It is always a pleasure welcoming a fellow Wisconsinite to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the FX Forum! I am in Green Bay and have previously owned a G35x with I believe the all-season Potenzas as well. I was very happy with the performance. I personally am a fan of all season tires mainly because they are all around performers and you don't have to mess around with have your tires swapped out everytime the seasons change. If you are looking for something different than what your Potenzas offered, I would suggest visiting http://www.tirerack.com , they have a full review of every tire that fits your FX whether it would be winter, all-season, or summer tires. Obviously if you always the most maximum performance out of your vehicle, you would have summer tires for the summer, and winter tires for winter, but it all depends on what you prefer, I personally am a "low maintenance" kind of guy, so I am a huge fan of the all-season, but they are certainly not as well performers in the snow as a winter tire. Well, I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

greggt
Car: FX35

Thank you, I like the low maint. idea! will check out tirerack and see what I can find. Have a Merry Christmas!

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

greggt wrote:Thank you, I like the low maint. idea! will check out tirerack and see what I can find. Have a Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you as well! Glad to help, let me know if you come up with any more questions!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”