Snow tires!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jmagill

Yes it is time to start that discussion in my neck of the woods(Western Wyoming). Ity snowed this weekend.

I am looking at "Goodyear® Ultra Grip Ice ". Should I get 2 for the front or go for all four?

My daily trip in and out is on a hill that most people use 4 wheel drive on. I have gone up and down it for the last 4 years with my Ford Windstar.

Jill

red98s14

Four tires for sure. You need the balanced grip in corners.

I've been using Nokian Hakkapeliitta snows on my Altima (traded on the Versa) and my wife's MINI. IMHO they are great snow tires.

I'll be putting a set on the Versa.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Hakka's are the favorites of many a rally team up in this neck of the woods. Probably says something about how good they are.

Anyway, yeah... on a FWD you have to have matching tires on all 4 corners if you're going to use traction tires, because not having matching tires may quite easily end up with your tail passing your front.

Batti
Car: 2007 Versa 1.8SL

What are you guys doing for rims for your snows?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

In the past I've purchased cheap steelies from Les Schwab to mount them on. Easier to get the tires on and off, more rotational mass slows the car's acceleration to help prevent wheelspin even more, and who cares if you bend one?

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

From my time with the Versa, my concern would be the low ground clearance. If the snow got deep, you would need a plow on the front!!

jmagill

Ground clearance is a concern but 9/10 times we have light fluffy snow and I will plow right through it. As long as I am the first vehicle down the hill in the morning I usually have no problems getting through the fresh snow.

The company I work for also plows my road and driveway and they like me getting to work.

My biggest concern is traction in the ice orfresh snow.

Jill

c5neb
Car: 2007 Fresh Powder Versa SL

When I lived in CT I used Blizzaks and they were really grippy. They wore out faster than usual but I felt safe with them.

Spa2k

I've used Bridgestone Blizzaks for many years, and I will order them (probably the Revo 1—$62.50 each in a set of 4) as soon as my VSL arrives. They'll go on the stock alloy wheels, and I'll buy a better wheel/tire combination in the spring. For more information, check this info at the Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...r.jsph ... s/...=true

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

I was thinking about the Michelin X-ice. they look good and Michelin is an awesome performing tire anyway.

Return to “Versa General Chat”