SNAFU - ISO 10 pin connector wiring diagram

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
fatire_mtb
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 5AT

I recently purchased the PAC AAI-NIS2 for my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe with the objective of integrating my iPod in to the stereo head unit. During the installation the connecting sleeve for the OEM 10 pin connector that inserts in to the back of the stereo/HVAC HU broke while I was unplugging it. Now the OEM colored wires are scrambled up and no longer in the proper location within the 10 pin connector. As a result the HVAC and the stereo do not work at all. Do you have a wiring diagram for that particular 10 pin connector that you can send to me so that I may put my HVAC and stereo back together? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

If you can take a pic of the wires so i can see the colors, or just write them down, and I'll see what I can do.

fatire_mtb

Will do. It may take a couple of days, but other than work this has top priority for me. Thanks for the help.

the converted
2020 Taco

No problem. I guess your lucky your not up north with that problem.

fatire_mtb

I'm in the south, but it's freakin cold right now.

I had a chance to pull everything apart again. I was able to use a wiring diagram another poster sent me. Unfortunately it did not have a perfect match to the actual wires so after putting it together best I could guessing on a couple of wires still no dice.

The 10-pin harness is labeled M40 on the diagram. here are the 10 wires:greyblackred/blue stripewhitereddark greengreen/white stripeyelloworange/yellow stripemint green

The diagram shows the sequence as follows:10.8[....]4.29.7.6.5.3.1

Now the $64k question is what color wire goes with what number slot? If you have the rosetta stone for that I won't be able to thank you enough!

the converted
2020 Taco

Here's what I could find from the pin out. I'm assuming that it was the same as the other one that you got. If you follow pins 1-4 down a little bit they should become a 4 conductor shielded wire. Whatever wire the shield is attached to is going to go to pin 9. I'm assuming that pin 7 as I can't find it listed anywhere is for the hvac system.

1 white2 black 3 green4 red5 green/white6 yellow7 8 red/blue9 10 light green

fatire_mtb

I tried it out last night and swapped the 7&9 slots with the two leftover wires and no go either way. Not sure what to try next. Considering the dealer was going to charge me $23/light for replacement lights (not to have them do the work-just for the parts) in the clock on the dash I can only imagine what they would charge for something that actually required work.

My next idea is to find a pull-a-part or bone yard with a G35 in it and see if they'll let me get behind the stereo and either map the wires or simply cut out the 10 pin connector. I've also been thinking about going ahead and replacing the head unit and lean on crutchfield for technical assistance.

Any other ideas you can think of?

Thanks again for your help so far!
Modified by fatire_mtb at 7:00 AM 1/25/2008

the converted
2020 Taco

Have you checked the fuses since reinstalling the wires? I'll almost guarantee on popped if they were jsut floating around.

fatire_mtb

Great idea! I had not thought to check them. I'll try that tonight when I get home.

fatire_mtb

I had a blown fuse. Put in a new one and just a flicker of hope. The CD changer started cycling through the different cartridges (or at least that's what it sounded like), but no power to the stereo or the a/c unit. Switched the 7&9 and the same thing. I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. I can't find a G35 in a salvage yard any where in GA to go snip the harness out of.

the converted
2020 Taco

Don't forget there are TWO fuses, sounds like you got one of them still burnt out. There's a 15amp under the hood and a 10 amp in the interior fuse block.

fatire_mtb

Good to know. I changed the one under the hood. I'll check on the interior.

dlowryjr
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35x

My son and I just di the same thing with the 10 pin plug while trying to hook up the ipod connector. Did you ever figure out what the final wire color match up is with the ten numbered pins? ALso, I was wondering if R/L wire color for pin 8 means red yellow or red blue??

Any help would be much approciated!

Thanks.

Don [email protected]

the converted
2020 Taco

Its red/light blue.

dlowryjr
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35x

Any chance you can confirm if the gray wire is the "earth" wire . . the shield that goes witht he four speaker wires? Thx!

the converted
2020 Taco

If you open that harness up a little bit you should be able to see if that is in fact the shield wire. Should transition into a braided housing that goes around all of the audio wires.

fatire_mtb

I still don't have everything back together, but I'm close.

In the meantime I came across a pinout of the 10 pin harness and the 6 pin harness, but I'm not confident that they are correct.

Primary harness with 10 pins7 12v Memory (12V+)1 12v Accessory (12V+)5 Ground2 Dash Lights6 Dimmer8 Power Antenna3 Right Front Positive (RF+)9 Right Front Negative (RF-)4 Left Front Positive (LF+)10 Left Front Negative (LF-)

Secondary harness with 6 pins2 Amp Signal (12V+)6 Amp Ground1 Right Rear Positive (RR+)3 Right Rear Negative (RR-)4 Left Rear Positive (LR+)5 Left Rear Negative (LR-)

Any idea whether or not these are correct?

the converted
2020 Taco

That's for a normal Nissan/infinity radio up to a certain year.

Have you checked that other fuse yet?

fatire_mtb

Yes. Checked them all inside and out. Only the one under the hood was out.

Since then I have purchased the Grubbs dash replacement kit for an aftermarket stereo. When I hooked it up to test it I at least gained control of the HVAC.

Tonight I am going to attempt to put it all back together with an aftermarket stereo, IPOD connector and PAC SWI accessory so I can still use the steering wheel controls.

I can't thank you enough for the help you have provided so far. Any additional words of wisdom?

305aznG35

Hey guys, I ran in the same trouble with this axact 10 pin connector breaking loose. I've done searches all day and this thread is pretty much all I found. I've tried what you guys talked about with no luck.

If you guys've fixed this, please help me out too. Thanks

fatire_mtb

Status report.

I installed the Grubbs aftermarket dash kit and have the HVAC working again. With the help of crutchfield I was able to get the 10 pin connector back together and the stereo hooked up and the dash back together, but I must have a larger problem than a blown fuse or a loose wire.

Here's the list of problems. No dash clock lights. No power at all to the stereo. No response from the light dimmer switch. When I turn my headlights on my dash cluster and the heads up display that shows the HVAC settings go out. My compass is out and just blinks three dashes (this also goes out when I turn the headlights on). With the key in the ignition and the hood popped to check the fuses next to the battery I can hear some kind of high pitched hum, but can't locate the source of the noise. I checked all of the fuses and the fusible links, but they all appear to be good.

From searching around I would be led to believe that it is an issue with a fusible link being blown. Since they all appear to still be in tact I don't know where to check next.

Sanity check. Is the fusible link the entire black box of fuses next to the battery. Or are each individual fuse and the high amp fuses next to the battery each a fusible link? Can a fusible link appear to be good, but still not function properly?

Thanks again. Man this is a *****!

fatire_mtb

305aznG35 wrote:Hey guys, I ran in the same trouble with this axact 10 pin connector breaking loose. I've done searches all day and this thread is pretty much all I found. I've tried what you guys talked about with no luck.

If you guys've fixed this, please help me out too. Thanks
see if this helps.

http://www.crutchfield.combottom of the screen there's a link to

More Info:Technical SupportOrange box "Search our online support center"Search by keyword: 2004 G35

the search results will come up and you can pick from with Bose wiring diagram or without Bose wiring diagram

this will show you the ten pin and six pin connectors, the color wires and where they go in the connector harness, but be aware that the pin out #s on the crutchfield site do not match up with the pin out #s from the service manual.

305aznG35

damn...

I've got no parking lights, break lights still work. No dash lights what so ever, no clock lights, luckily i still got the compass and outside temp working, the AC on but couldn't control it. On this last attemp, I used the Crutchfield's guide, which helped a little. The Bose radio seems to want to work but that's about as much work as it does. This has been a frustrated 24 hrs and it won't be at least a week 'til I got a day off to take the car to the stealership. I don't know how nice your dealership is but mine wants 115/hr labor. Arghhhhhhhhhhh

the converted
2020 Taco

the dash lights and the parking lights are on the same fuse. Hopefully your lucky and didn't blow out the dimmer.

Is this plug really that hard to pull out? What is with the sudden rash of problems here?

fatire_mtb

Problem solved. Blown dimmer switch.

the converted
2020 Taco

Awesome, glad we were able to help you figure it out.

MattBoyIU
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Well looks like I've done the same thing as others on here. I was disconnecting the 10 pin wire harness from my '05 G35 coupe with Bose stereo and the wires shot out of the harness. I had no idea which wires went in which spot. I used the Crutchfield support and got the wire in the configuration they have in their support area but my stereo and AC will still not turn on. I can hear the CD changer cycling through the CDs and i can hear the CD spinning inside but the stereo refuses to turn on. I have checked the interior and exterior fuses and all my lights work properly. The navigation screen works fine but no stereo or AC. Any suggestions?

Thanks

matthew121
Car: 2004 g35

So I hate to bump old threads, but I am in the same boat here, and I am banking on the dimmer switch being the issue. When you say you replaced the dimmer switch, are you talking about the steering wheel headlight control thing, like where you control the blinkers, or are you talking about the interior illumination conroll ( the little round knob by the trunk and vdc controll)

the converted
2020 Taco

I'm going to claim ignorance to the g specifically, but there typically is a seperate module that is referred to as the dimmer switch. I'll take a look at the FSM tomorrow when I have a chance. Or if you want you can find the FSM's at http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM

Good luck, and welcome to NICO!

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”