Smoked tail lights for the M35

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bonbon
Car: M35

Hey guys, I am going to drop off my M35 tomorrow to get the tail lights smoked. I have never seen it done on an M before and I am sort of hesitant as to what degree of tint I should go with. Does a dark tint greatly reduce the visibility of the brake lights? I’d love to get some feed back and pictures if anyone has any. Thank you

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

bonbon wrote:Hey guys, I am going to drop off my M35 tomorrow to get the tail lights smoked. I have never seen it done on an M before and I am sort of hesitant as to what degree of tint I should go with. Does a dark tint greatly reduce the visibility of the brake lights? I’d love to get some feed back and pictures if anyone has any. Thank you
Welcome to NICO!!

Please do take and post pictures from before and after the "operation"!

I don't remember seeing any pictures of this done to an M yet, but I am sure that it would have some impact on the brake lights for sure. So, how much tinting to do is not clear to me!

Are the local law enforcers in your area likely to give you a hard time about it? What does the tinter place say about that?

Z

bonbon

I live in Los Angeles and even though it is illegal I see it done all over the place, mostly on SUV's. Accordingly, I don't think the cops hassle people for smoked tail lights.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

bonbon wrote:I live in Los Angeles and even though it is illegal I see it done all over the place, mostly on SUV's. Accordingly, I don't think the cops hassle people for smoked tail lights.
In that case, I would say: try out some reasonable value that the tinter recommends and let's see what it looks like!

What color is your M? Maybe that should drive the tint amount choice. Something that looks good and coordinates well with the car color "darkness" !

Z

bonbon

My M is black, which is why I thought it would look nice if the tail lights were completely blacked out.

TXSJaybird

Bonbon,

Havent seen them on a black, although I would love to...

Here they are on a DG, courtesy of CodyTM45. He used 20% Clear Bra.

Modified by TXSJaybird at 7:28 PM 3/23/2006

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Thanks for the pic. That looks sweet. I haven't been too crazy about the M's tail lights. That is a major improvement.

TXSJaybird

I hear ya,

I think ive gotten used to them by now...but sometimes I look and notice, thats a boatload of RED!

If my car wasnt used for driving clients, I would tint them in a heartbeat. I just cant risk being pulled over...although im not even sure if its illegal or not in TX!?!?

{-===-}
Car: 06 iNFiNiTi M45 SPoRT

Here is one, thanks to WCCBaLLeR. He left the turn signals and back-up clear.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

The full tint looks much better. But the legal issues must be considered.

Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

I think you should leave them. Tints on the tails for the M make it look a bit low class in my opinion. I also live in LA, and usually I see ricers, or cheap cars tint their tails........I would not do it if I were you.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Nothing says "low class" like some magnetic flames my friends...http://www.magneticflames.com/p.fastflames.htmtk

octee

ttsupra26 wrote:I think you should leave them. Tints on the tails for the M make it look a bit low class in my opinion. I also live in LA, and usually I see ricers, or cheap cars tint their tails........I would not do it if I were you.
I totally agree with ttsupra26, this is a luxury car after all.. no offense to anyone of course, IMO, I like the classic look.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”