Small Light Indicator Light

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RogueWolf
Car: 08 Rogue SL

I've been a Rogue owner all of three days now, and I have a question about the green "Small Light Indicator Light" in the speedometer pod.

The light comes on as it should when the headlight switch is in the "small light" position, but it stays on when I switch to the regular headlights.

This seems to be distracting. Is this happening on all of your Rogues, or is mine screwed up?

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

It is normal. Just an indicator that the lights are on.

EKrimmer
Car: 2012 Rogue SL

Saved me a call to the dealer and just the reason I tracked down this forum. I find the light somewhat disctracting but knowing that it is "normal" for it to be on is reassuring at least. The manual states that it should be on to indicate the light switch is in the mid position so common sense seems to dictate it would go off when it is not but oh well. NOT TAKING THE ROGUE BACK OVER IT!

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

Howdy RogueWolf... When I read the subject line of your post... (Small Light) ... I thought for sure you were asking about the small orange light located in the overhead console next to the passenger's map light.. (That is... providing you have the SL model Rogue) As far as I know the light isn't part of the S model package.

Anyway... the small orange light will illuminate when the headlight switch is turned to the parking light or full headlight on positions. It lights up the shifter and cup holder area with a soft orange glow. Just enough light to see what you're doing... or if passing something back and forth between passenger and driver. (Reminds me of aircraft cockpit lighting)

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

EKrimmer wrote:Saved me a call to the dealer and just the reason I tracked down this forum. I find the light somewhat disctracting but knowing that it is "normal" for it to be on is reassuring at least.
You get used to it after awhile, and it's actually handy when you're running lights in the day (when it's raining, for example).

It's the cruise control indicators that annoy me when night driving. Could they have made those things any more obnoxious?

Mainiac
Car: - '08 Rogue SL AWD
+ '11 Rogue SL awd

I drive a major part of my miles at night, I found that light to be too bright, I keep my interior lighting just above off, much like a airplanes cockpit lighting (yes, I fly too), and that light does not dim.

I took a piece of dark window tint and covered the lower 1/3 of the speed-o to dim that light, same on the other gauge for the cruse control lights.

mrirvine

In my 09 SL AWD, the small green light in the speedo pod is for the fog lights. There is a separate orange light in the overhead pod with the sunroof buttons that lights when headlights are on.

Return to “Rogue Forum”