sluggish

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
ppeter78

Ok i have noticed that the take off on this SUV is sluggish... :( WHYYYYYYY!!!! i could not peal out if i wanted too. Do you think this has something to do with the CVT tranny? it is fast once it gets started but that first get up and go is slow..

as well would it be bad for this tranny to really try and make it go faster??

If not how can we tweak it!! WoOo HOo

:icesangel :icesangel

Holisticbeatz

When was the last time you cleaned out the throttle body? Usually after a few thousand miles, you get a lot of gunk and build up in that area. Depends on your driving habits and environment too. However, I cleaned out mine on my S14 and I noticed a better throttle response when I step on it. Also, what kind of gas are you feeding your SUV? Maybe throw in some octane boosters to give it a little bit of pep.

That's my $0.02

-kenny

NISTECH

the way the cvt works..it will not allow you to burn out. the tcm and ecm determin what gear ration to start you off in so you have the best posible traction on take off. it determines this by the sensors like speed sensors and accel imput and engine rpm. when you accelerate from a stop try too glance at your speedo to get an idea at how fast your accelerating. i bet its faster then it feels.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

PPeter, I doubt very seriously that you have a problem with the throttle body. The Murano uses the ultra-fancy CVT, as you said. The problem is that of a vehicle with axle ratios working with the CVT to give you optimal "cruising" engine speed and comfort, not holeshot performance. A sleek machine if I may say so, just not designed in the "hot rod" mold of other Infiniti cars. I'd say the emphasis was more towards giving the customer a technological buffet and pampering the driver with the latest in comfort amenities. I'd like to learn more about this vehicle. Please tell us how you like the Murano besides it's somewhat sluggish off the line performance.

-Phil

ppeter78

SmithSR wrote:PPeter, I doubt very seriously that you have a problem with the throttle body. The Murano uses the ultra-fancy CVT, as you said. The problem is that of a vehicle with axle ratios working with the CVT to give you optimal "cruising" engine speed and comfort, not holeshot performance. A sleek machine if I may say so, just not designed in the "hot rod" mold of other Infiniti cars. I'd say the emphasis was more towards giving the customer a technological buffet and pampering the driver with the latest in comfort amenities. I'd like to learn more about this vehicle. Please tell us how you like the Murano besides it's somewhat sluggish off the line performance.

-Phil

Well thanks for the input, i figured it was the CVT. My last car was the SE altima and that SMOKED the tires... But this SUV is still VERY fast... LIke i said the take off is a bit slow but past that i LOVE the car. my average on gas so far is about 17.3 i have 2500 miles now. The car handles GREAT runs good and over all is just fun to drive. The only complaint that i have is the steering wheel does not come foward it only tilts. The quility of the leather is great. I also found out that the metal finish is real and solid not just a finish so it cant scratch off YA!! i have been meaning to take pictures and i will soon... There honestly was no finishing problems with this car they did a great job...

Return to “Murano Forum”