Slow power window switch fix!!!!!

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
chris_clark1979
Car: 2000 pathfinder

I just found out the problem with the windows rolling up and down slow.. Your all gonna love this.. Its not in the drivers side switch panel.. It in the other 3 switches. There was never any DI-electric grease installed on the contacts.. The drivers panels is the only one that has a circuit board all the others are standard rocker switch. I tore mine apart and found this problem... I hope every finds this use full and help full... I'm having to added some solder to fix the contact on some of them due to heat build up from no grease and wearing the factory solider down...

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

Welcome to NICO.

I don't quite follow. How are the other power window switches related to the speed of the windows' travel? I've had success with using silicone spray on the window tracks to clean and lubricate them, and I've also sprayed white lithium grease on the window regulator (in fact this is specified in the factory service manual as a lubrication point) to help prevent my driver's side window from "jumping" on the tracks.

chris_clark1979

The drivers side panel sends the power to the other 3 switches.
Basically if there's corrosion in the other switches its not going to allow the full current to flow through to the window motor. My passenger window has been working on and off. I could get it to work buy the angle i would pull the switch. Then i tore it apart and its was solid black form arching. cleaned it up and greased it and now it works better than new..
The main switch didn't even work it that's how i found out that it sends the power through the secondary switch.

donald
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 (RIP, 2011)
2010 Pathfinder LE

interesting find...

prior to your DI-greasing of the passenger windows, did you see the same low-power draw on your driver windows? That is, were all 4 windows rolling down with slow/low power? Or just the 3 passenger?

chris_clark1979

I've only done the passenger so far but it made a big difference in it. It would always roll up and down slow through the whole function now it just slows down on the last 3 inches while rolling down. I'm suspecting the two rear window switches are the same way since the passenger side was corroded and ungreased.

chris_clark1979

It was just the 3 other doors. The drivers window switch is micro-switches so them are not able to be cleaned..

mdsuave13
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE

This is old, but do you mean grease the connectors in the plug that goes into the switch or take the switch apart?

heavy hitter
Car: 2001 QX4

im pretty sure he took the switch apart

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

I am lazy to check the circuit diagram, but guess the switch just turns on and off a relay which provides power to window motor. If that is true, switch itself will not affect the window up/down speed; it should either make windows work or doesn't.

The window motor takes relatively high current. I remember when I roll windows, the ceiling light dims a bit.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”