Slip, Lanedeparture, abs, blind spot, iba Lights on dash

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Lo m37s
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37s

:biggrin: hey guys, I have a 2011 Infiniti m37s RWD v6 with 177500km. One day I was driving on the highway at about a constant speed of 120-130 kmph and all the sensor lights came on my dash one after another (slip, lane departure, and, blind spot, iba) and I noticed the blind spot wasn’t working nor the intelligence brake assist. I don’t know what could cause all these light to pop up on dash. It was also raining pretty hard at the time. I turned off the car then turned back on and the lights were off. After I drove about 20 min the same lights came back on a few seconds after each other. I have done some research and people are saying check break fluid (I did and it’s fine) also I discovered people saying it could be the speed sensor. I rencently hit a curb which damaged the wheel bearing so I Replaced it and that was at about 175000km could this be the issue ?

EdBwoy

I'm guessing the lights are still all on until now? Or are you just asking to know what caused them to be on at that time?

But yeah, you nailed it with regards to probable causes. ABS, SLIP are dependent on the wheel speed sensor. In the front, they are mounted in the hub and read through the wheel bearing.
Proper procedure requires that they are removed before replacing the bearing to reduce the likelihood of damage.

The other distance-related features are dependent on various cameras and sensors and also work best with a functioning ABS system.
Do you recall which light comes/came on first?

The IBA light will come on when the front sensor is obscured by sunlight. I'm not sure if rain by itself will affect the feature.
... However, if the rain was pretty hard and the automatic wipers activated a certain number of times within a timeframe, a lot of the automatic features are turned off (I don't expect them to be disabled with warning lights though)

Lo m37s
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37s

Yes, the IBA off light comes on the dash everyday after driving for about 10 minutes, however, the other lights don’t usually come on. But I have also noticed that when I drive a little aggressive with switching lanes and accelerate quick the first light that comes on is the abs, then lane departure, and the rest of the lights I mentioned. This is all making sense now. Now I believe the speed sensor is damaged and I will take it in the shop and get her fixed up. For the iba I’m still not sure why it always comes on, good weather or bad weather. Thank you very much for your help!!!

EdBwoy

What happened after taking it to the shop, are the lights gone now?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”