slip, ABS, VDC off, AWD... fixed it using cruise control??

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
teekee20044
Car: 2003 FX35

A week ago I had the slip, ABS, VDC off, AWD lights pop on the dash and not go out until the car was shut off. Like clockwork everyday these lights would pop on after about 4-5 miles into my drive with no other problems. I did my research and called a couple dealeships. I checked my brake fluid which was fine and the brakes and rotors had been serviced 2000 miles ago so everything was good there. This went on for several days like clockwork. Couple days ago I tried to use my Cruise Control for the first time in probably 3 years while the lights were on and it would turn on but would not set. I got home and after an hour decided to take it for another drive and this time I tried using the Cruise Control again but I did so before the 4 lights popped up on the dash and it worked fine. So I kept the CC on for a couple miles, turned it off and then waited for the lights to come on the dash like they had done everyday for the past several. I drove and drove and drove and they never popped on. The next day I went to work and no lights for the first time in almost a week. Again today no lights. The only thing I did was use my Cruise Control for a couple miles. Can anyone explain this? I suggest anyone that has a problem with this slip, ABS, VDC off, AWD on the dash, try your CC!

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

I have found that when the lights start coming on, it can be caused by a weak battery or weak alternator.

This happened in my first QX4 (battery) and my second QX4 (alternator).

Both of them had multiple lights come on, even though everything seemed to work as normal. Both times I freaked out and though something terrible was happening.

Your problem sounds a little strange. It could be something else entirely.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

those lights will come on if the battery is low, or even if you're on an incline and the sensor reads low brake fluid. Thats the most simple check. Look at the brake fluid reservoir.

silent_kreeper
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx

Has anyone else had this issue? If so how was it resolved? I have the opportunity to pick up a FX45 that's clean and fully loaded at a good price. The car runs like a dream and the transmission shifts like butter no hiccups or anything. 4WD locks but the slip and VDC lights are on.

Please help. Sorry to resurrect a 4yr old thread.

reecy857
Car: '08 Nissan Rogue SL

I just replaced my wheel hub assembly on the right side and my abs sensor was very difficult to get out and put back in. I think I may have messed up the sensor. When I was finished I took it for a test run and all of these lights came on in the dash. I'm pretty sure it's the abs sensor on my rogue.

caleb1517
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue AWD

Recently had both front axles and wheel bearings replaced on my 09 Rogue. When I started the car, the ABS, VDC off, AWD, and Brake lights came on and stayed on. The mechanic put the computer on it and it says no signal from left and right wheel speed sensors. They probably damaged them while replacing the bearings. I drove it over the weekend, but the lights staying on is a bit unnerving. He's replacing the sensors today. I'll keep you posted if that was the fix.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”