skyline rbs vs. supras 2jzs

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
JimmyMethod
Car: 97' 240SX SE

Night of the Living Thread...

Chucky_985DS

I don't know much about the RB motor but I do a Friend who was in the Air Force and was base in Misawa Air Force base Japan. Now He said that the skyline is know for the Quart mile over there. He also own a sliva 350 hp and R32 GTR with 700 hp. The only thing that he mention was that when u go fast in the highway the supra have a lot of top end and his skyline can't really catch up with alot of the supra in Tokyo. Now this is from him not from me. I hope this little info help u guys out. He also loves his skyline b/c of it awd.

DawgMode
Car: 180sx

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

2JZ!!!!!!

takaramotors
Car: Nissan Skyline PCG10 GTR

ok if you are going for displacement then what of a RB30DETT frankenstein motor these make the playing feild more even then hahahah

Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Chucky_985DS wrote:I don't know much about the RB motor but I do a Friend who was in the Air Force and was base in Misawa Air Force base Japan. Now He said that the skyline is know for the Quart mile over there. He also own a sliva 350 hp and R32 GTR with 700 hp. The only thing that he mention was that when u go fast in the highway the supra have a lot of top end and his skyline can't really catch up with alot of the supra in Tokyo. Now this is from him not from me. I hope this little info help u guys out. He also loves his skyline b/c of it awd.
yeah but your friend has a 91 GT-R, if you raced a 91 supra, I'm sure it would be differnt.

jdms13rhd
Car: Silvia Convertible, RB30 Ceffy

91 supra 1JZ would get the beat with a 91 GTR though you guys are talking about the 2J JZA80. The only reason the 2j doesn’t rev to 8 grand is because of its displacement. A 3L doesn’t normally see 8 grand unless its race bred. Same with the RB30. I run a RB30 in one of my cars and it doesn’t like to rev past 6 grand though I am getting a bit of valve float from the RB25 cyl head I slapped up top but ya. I guess my point is a 2.6L will rev higher because of its small displacement.

I don’t know what a 2JZ would rev to with its 3.4L kit slapped inside. Prob not very high at all but you will not need the revs because the power and torque will be readily available. I am building another RB30 when my container gets to Canada with the RB26 cyl head on top with really only forged pistons cuz I want to have my compression lower cuz we have **** gas in Canada, aftermarket turbo(s) injectors, EPROM and I will easily be set to have 500hp and not rev past lets say 6800rpm and since the head isn’t revving any higher than when it was in the GTR it will just have a more easy life to make for a more reliable engine.

Now I think the supra would beat the GTR because of its gearing. I wouldn’t know for sure though unless someone does this but that is stock for stock. No modded engines. I have never driven a 2JZ supra only Spec R 91 Supras and the 2JZ Aristo so I cant say much about it being any faster than a GTR on the highway but I do know GTRs have great gearing in the tranie and they go plenty fast on the highway so I would like to know what supras are like aswell.

On a side note with that S14 with the 2JZ dropped in. That is nothing out of the norm in Japan. Not that its a better engine but toyota engines are much cheaper and much more avalable in japan than a RB26. Ive been to Sazuka twin circut for the drifting and most of the cars are 180SX and they either had the SR20 or a 1j or 2j. Only becuase of avalability of the engine.

Anywho just my 2 cents.

takaramotors
Car: Nissan Skyline PCG10 GTR

yo allen hey eather you or lon give me ring on my ka-TI

Chucky_985DS

is the 91 skyline R32, anyway I forgot to mention that He was talking about the 2jz not 1jz.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”