Skyline question

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
elusive240
Car: 96 Nissan 240sx (KA) 95 Nissan 240sx (SR20DET) 96 Nissan 240sx se auto (work car)

Does anyone know how much it costs to have a Skyline converted over to US standards? I have the opportunity to get a Skyline shipped to the US for me, and I'm not sure if I should do it or not. I know I can contact Motorex, and find out I just haven't done it yet. Also, does anyone know exactly what they do to convert it? I know the emitions, but is there anything else? Thanks!

GTR-33

There are alot of things they convert, but if it was public knowlege you wouldn't have to go to Motorex would you? The cost is; 16K for a 89-94, 17K for a 95, and 25K for 96 and up...

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Just buy one through MotorRex, best way to go.

spec-v5150

Altiman94 wrote:Just buy one through MotorRex, best way to go.

well it depends how much it cost to get it here. I was going ot have my sister bring her Skyline back since the military pays for it when you come back from overseas. so in essence the car would have been free. It was a R32 GTS-T. I was going to let Motorex do the conversiona nd have a fairly cheap Skyline but decided against it because of the cost of converting. I dont have 16K laying around so I said forget it. If he can get the car shipped for a decent price and didnt pay too much for it., then sourcing his own coul dsave him a few thousand

ride4lame

There are miliary loopholes from what i have heard, where in, you can have a car here "temporarily' but what that means is never highlighted. So you can hav it here legally i supose. But you are not alllowed to sell it.

deftdrummer
Car: cars, drums, music, technology

youd have to be stupid to bring the JDM skyline over and want to EVER sell it anyways :-P

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”