skyline misfire

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
evoboy88
Car: 88 mustang gt

ok, so a buddy of mine brougth his 98 skyline gts-t to our shop because it has a misfire during acceleration with more than .2 bar boost, the car ran fine at 1 bar for more than six months then all of a sudden at wot and part throttle(more than .2 bar) it misfires, stumbles doesnt want to accelerate, any suggestions?

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

First thing I check in a misfire situation is ignition, plugs and coilpacks.

evoboy88
Car: 88 mustang gt

well i pulledc the cylinder #1 plug and it is quite brown, not damp but brown like someone rubbed it in the dirt, no white at all, at part throttle cruise he also says there is an occasional misfire that can be felt/heard. also at the time that the car was running ok, the factory boost selinoid was disconnected and the car was running 1 bar tuned on an S-afc and there is also no boost controller... the afc has been zeroed out and the factory selinoid reconnected, ecu reset, the car still has an occasional stumble and misfire, currently it runs at .5 bar, also could an 02 sensor code have anything to do with this, another friend says they shut off at WOT but i disagree.. thanks again

Chris

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”