Skyline finally comes to America!!!!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
book-ends
Car: ???? Nissan 240SX coupe S13

Hello all!!!

I just got the new Automobile Magazine in the mail tonight and I couldn't believe my eyes! Here is the blurb, word for word:

"NEXT GT-R U.S.-bound:

Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn confirmed during the Tokyo Motor Show that the next Skyline GT-R supercoupe will come here. Good news: It will be semiaffordable and have 400 horsepower. Bad news: It doesn't debut until 2007......"

I don't care when it shows up or what it looks like. 2007 will be a great time to buy a new car! I'll try and post any more info that I can find.

matt4pl
Car: cars, anything fast, graphic design, lots of stuff

there have been several articles about this, and 2 otehr posts, it's gonna look liek the G35 or so ive heard, AWD 6spd though, oh and its gonna be FAST

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

i <3 reposts! j/k :D

nightwalker
Car: 240sx

quick dammit!!!! who has pictures!! PICTURES I TELL YOU!!!

Camel
Car: That would be obvious....

you are asking for pictures of a car that hasn't been designed yet? funny dude...

SilviaLuvr
Car: shopping for parts going to school to become a massage therapist

the 4door version already touched down. Still though running N/A but AWD none the less

300zxna
Car: my car, video games

there have been design concepts for the new gt-r 35 just look around for them.

matt4pl

imagine a G35 with SKYLINE in place of Infiniti and GT-R badges all around, the R35 in japan is basically the same as the G35 here, RWD and all, but its coming with AWD and more power, most of the pics floating around on NICO that ive seen are concepts only and arent going to be made

andrave
Car: assorted

my biggest question is whether or not it will retain the character round taillights of its predecessors...obviously nissan has "shift"ed gears with its later projects and I honestly will not be surprised if it uses a V-8 since nissan has been going with larger engines in NA tune recently in place of its previous 1.8, 2, 2.6, and 3 liter turbo engines...and nissan/infiniti already has the V-8 for the job, too..anyway as long as it makes power and winds out the tach it should be fun to drive. I just wonder whether they will keep the round taillights. I hope so, I always enjoyed the skyline's rear view.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The true GTR dies with the R34 fella's. I've seen them all over here in Japan, although I haven't driven the R35 yet. But its basically a really expensive 350Z. No more RB series motor...Even the locals are disgusted.

WD

matt4pl

nothing looks quite like an R34 GT-R, so yea, nothing will ever comapre to the R32-4 models. i've already seen soem skyline ricearound here, some guy had a silver G35 iwth skyline instead of infiniti, got my attention, then it made me turn away in shame :( oh well, at least the skyline went out in style (GT-R Nur, me want, me want)

andrave

it is the skyline... just like guys that roll "silvia" stickers on their 240sx's, or altezza emblems on their IS300, or "trueno" emblems on their corollas, I could go on...they ARE that car, just not in this country. and whether thats gay or cool I guess just depends on how you look at it.

JaY33s240Sx
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

check this pic out that I came across....Skyline R35 Coupe...notice the Nissan Emblem in the front...

nissanrcer240
Car: Cars, Girls,Basketball

is that photoshopped? looks good, reguardless

sachmo12345

the G35X which is AWD has already been released but only four door but soon the coupe will be AWD too, so get prepared Skyline is here

JaY33s240Sx
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

no that pic is not photoshopped...you can usually tell when a pic is photoshopped...this coming from a graphic designer in myself...

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

You guys are mixing things up. You guys keep calling the current Skyline the R35. It's not....it's the V35.

The R35 has not been released yet. The current Skyline/G35 is the V35 chassis.

WDRacing

Whatever Torry, the GTR died with the R34. When they pulled out the RB they killed the car.

WD

krazy skwerel
Car: 1989 240sx Coupe down for the count, 2005 Honda Accord, 1974 Mustang II

What about the older GTR's? did they not count? They didn't have the RB motors but were just as much a GTR. I see this a new beginning. 15 years from now people could be praising the engine they run in the new GTR. The RB series is a great line but not the end all to be all of the skyline GTR. I honestly love the G35 and all the concepts of a new GTR I have seen have been nice except for the headlights. Oh I hope they dont give it terrible head lights.

book-ends
Car: ???? Nissan 240SX coupe S13

That's a great comment skwerel.

I personally think that the R34 is the worst of the Skyline body styles. Don't get me wrong, I think that mechanically and technically it's an absolute killer, but I just never thought that the body looked that good. To put things in perspective, my choice of the newer Skylines is the R32, but that's just because I really like "old school cool" as I like to call it............

FC RX-7's, S13 240's, R32.........the late 80's / early 90's jap cars are my favorites. Would I keep an R34 if I won it? No. Why? I live in reality. I'm 24 and have had a few tickets, how much would insurance cost me? How much could I get for the car if I sold it? Surely enough to pay off my school loans and pay down my credit cards.

How can any car compete with that?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

WDRacing wrote:Whatever Torry, the GTR died with the R34. When they pulled out the RB they killed the car.

WD

Um....did I mention anything about the GTR? All I said was there is no R35 currently in production, and that the current Skyline is a V35 chassis.

andrave

I think he is just saying, no need to nit pick a single chassis alphanumerical code, when the whole car is just.. gone.

But I agree totally, each time a car is reinvented there is a lot of naysayers and pessimists, but... in the late 1980's I'm sure there were people saying that the GTR would never be back again after the glorious box style GTR's... and look at R32-R34 gloriousness. After the 300zx left american shores I thought it was gone for good and couldn't believe they retired it. But look at the Z that replaces it now!

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nah...WD is just jealous of me cuz I'm cooler than he is ;)

xxtrizz
Car: Cars, computers

I dont believe the new "Skyline" in japan is infact the skyline itself. Currently if you take a peek at the japanese website the only true performance vehicle they have in the lineup is the 350z, the actual tokyo motorshow for 2001 or 2002 lists the "japanese" skyline as purely the "GTR" no denomination as a skyline name was given. As names are comonly mistaken between the US and japan it could be just a simple mix like how the integra is the rsx in japan (I think that is right) they crossmatched the names with the luxury models.

So why didnt they name the G35 the skyline here in the states? Good question maybe because the marketing division decided that indeed the masses would be disgraced to know that the "skyline" had such an ugly body in store for the US first production. So instead they divided that attempt of a vehicle to the luxury division and renamed it to the g35 so not to loose face in the front of thier fans, big mistakes like those can cost a car company the followers they need.

But then again if you think about it people put to much into names rather than physical data, take a look at some of you guys the "skyline" is not just the skyline, nissan can name any of thier cars the "skyline" hell the next sentra could turn around and be a skyline they have the right to use the name however they like. But in japan as I have seen it looks as if they refer to the Skyline as a GTR not a skyline itself. The actual Japanese Concept that was presented in japan for the next "skyline" was promptly slapped with the name "GTR" short and sweet. The new design which was shown looks like a 350z but has sharper edges and thin headlights. Yes, there is photos of the actual japanese concept. The round double lights in the rear are the same also. Its more of a sleek night walker kinda look. But im sure they are going to infact bring the glory of the RB back why mess with perfection? I dont think it would be very good if they put a v-6 in the GTR as I think their engineers realize this.

If you want to see pictures of the car go to the japanese nissan website then go to the english page from there link on the bottom right. After that go to the tokyo car shows iss the latest one. like 2000 or 2001 2002 something like that.

nissanrcer240
Car: Cars, Girls,Basketball

JaY33s240Sx wrote:no that pic is not photoshopped...you can usually tell when a pic is photoshopped...this coming from a graphic designer in myself...

well I can never tell....this coming from someone whos not a graphic designer :)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

xxtrizz wrote:I dont believe the new "Skyline" in japan is infact the skyline itself. Currently if you take a peek at the japanese website the only true performance vehicle they have in the lineup is the 350z, the actual tokyo motorshow for 2001 or 2002 lists the "japanese" skyline as purely the "GTR" no denomination as a skyline name was given. As names are comonly mistaken between the US and japan it could be just a simple mix like how the integra is the rsx in japan (I think that is right) they crossmatched the names with the luxury models.

So why didnt they name the G35 the skyline here in the states? Good question maybe because the marketing division decided that indeed the masses would be disgraced to know that the "skyline" had such an ugly body in store for the US first production. So instead they divided that attempt of a vehicle to the luxury division and renamed it to the g35 so not to loose face in the front of thier fans, big mistakes like those can cost a car company the followers they need.

But then again if you think about it people put to much into names rather than physical data, take a look at some of you guys the "skyline" is not just the skyline, nissan can name any of thier cars the "skyline" hell the next sentra could turn around and be a skyline they have the right to use the name however they like. But in japan as I have seen it looks as if they refer to the Skyline as a GTR not a skyline itself. The actual Japanese Concept that was presented in japan for the next "skyline" was promptly slapped with the name "GTR" short and sweet. The new design which was shown looks like a 350z but has sharper edges and thin headlights. Yes, there is photos of the actual japanese concept. The round double lights in the rear are the same also. Its more of a sleek night walker kinda look. But im sure they are going to infact bring the glory of the RB back why mess with perfection? I dont think it would be very good if they put a v-6 in the GTR as I think their engineers realize this.

If you want to see pictures of the car go to the japanese nissan website then go to the english page from there link on the bottom right. After that go to the tokyo car shows iss the latest one. like 2000 or 2001 2002 something like that.

Um...ok, I don't really follow you. But....

The Skyline has always had multiple trim levels. The GT-R just happens to be known as the killer sportscar trim level. It was produced up until 2002 with the R34 chassis. In 2003, the V35 chassis was introduced and the GT-R trim level was dropped. It is STILL a Skyline. Not a GT-R, but it is still a Skyline.

A new car, on the R35 chassis, is currently scheduled for release in 2006/2007. This car is not going to be called a Skyline, it's going to be called a GT-R. It will be unrelated to the current model Skyline.

Also, why on earth would they bring back the RB? You half to realize something from a Manufacturer's perspective...the RB is NOT perfect. The VQ gets much better emissions than the RB. I know you guys don't think that should matter in a sportscar, but it does. Emissions requirments are getting stricter throughout the world, and the RB is no longer considered an emissions-compliant engine. Much like the SR, which ceased production in 2002. Not to mention, on top of all this, Nissan has already announced the R35 to utilize the VQ35DETT engine.

I don't care how much people pray and wish for another RB powered GT-R, it's not going to happen. Also, I don't care how much people say the V35 Skyline is not a true Skyline. That's crap. The V35 is one of the most beautiful Skyline chassis ever designed, with very good power as well. 287 HP is nothing to complain about. Compare that to an R34 GTS-t. I personally think it *is* an improvement. You can't factor in GT-R trim levels at this point because there is no GT-R right now.

xxtrizz
Car: Cars, computers

Well lets say you took the RB and changed it to be emmision compliant. Seems possible. I hope they still use a bulletproof block on the new engine whatever it is.

Anyways I thought the engine was not certain. Even nissan website has that as a undecided.

andrave

if you took the RB and changed it, you would have a different engine...which the new skyline will have. A different engine...nevermind

krazy skwerel
Car: 1989 240sx Coupe down for the count, 2005 Honda Accord, 1974 Mustang II

EZcheese15 wrote:I don't care how much people pray and wish for another RB powered GT-R, it's not going to happen. Also, I don't care how much people say the V35 Skyline is not a true Skyline. That's crap. The V35 is one of the most beautiful Skyline chassis ever designed, with very good power as well. 287 HP is nothing to complain about. Compare that to an R34 GTS-t. I personally think it *is* an improvement. You can't factor in GT-R trim levels at this point because there is no GT-R right now.

Bravo couldn't have said it better myself. Like I said I can't wait to see how this turns out. Why do people hate on the v35? I just cant figure it out. I saww a white g35 on the interstate the other day and it just made me love them even more.

WDRacing

EZcheese15 wrote:nah...WD is just jealous of me cuz I'm cooler than he is ;)

I wish I had a SER like urs Torry, then I could be cool to..8)

WD

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”