Skyline Brake/suspension on 240

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Bryson
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback /w Sr20

Hey guys, I did a few searches looking for skyline brake info and didn't quite find everything I need to know.

I think from reading , that the Skyline calipers and rotors WILL fit if I did a 5 lug conversion from 300Zx or 5 lug 240SXSE yes?

I am wondering if I could use skyline hubs and the parts associated with them to do the 5 lug swap in place of 300ZX or S14 parts. Also if I did or could, would I still get S13 shocks and springs?

and are R33 GTS-T brakes the same 4-pot ones as the GTR or if not, what are they?

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

I can't answer all your q's...but maybe this will help.:)http://www.aa.aeonnet.ne.jp/~c...m.htmh ... ~c...1.htm

I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure out if skyline hubs will work or not though. It's much easier to soure z32/s14 and since you know they work, it's a safer bet.

PS - If you can't read Japanese, use this link to translate any page.http://www.altavista.com/r?F09

Bryson
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback /w Sr20

Thanks for the info Dori Dori!

One thing I didn't really make clear is, if I already HAVE the front and rear parts of a skyline inlcuding the hub and knuckles, and brakes. COuld I use it in place of 300ZX or S14SE

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

There is only one way to find out!:pface

I am going to take a stab and say that the hubs/bearings and spindles in the front probably won't work. You'll probably have to do the same things that everyone who swaps for z-brakes and 5-lugs have to do (that is, get the s14 hub/bearings and spindles and a s14 ball joint in a s13 cntrl arm). I will also guess that you may have some brake line issues (the page I linked you to should have info on that).

Let us know what happens.:)

raging panda
Car: s13 coupe

Well, if its anything like the 300zx, all you have to do for the brake lines is buy the ones made for the skyline. I think dori dori is right though, it is a lot of work into making all that stuff fit, and it wont be easy unless you are in japan or go there very often.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”