Skateboarding

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

I like to skateboard anyone else? LOL

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

used to in HS

used to do a lot of things in HS

i think the last deck i bought i rode once or twice then stopped out of nowhere, so ive got a nearly brand new fairly old school black label deck in my garage

Dieselman
Car: 07 Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel.

It just looks too freakin painfull to me.

bt2s14
Car: 96 s14 VG30E swap on the way

I was wayyy into sakting two years ago and just started up again this year. My

freinds dad started his own skateboard company a while back and had the team

based in AZ. They had some good riders but most of them went on to Powell for

some reason, so I have like 20 decks that I got for free.

Adrian goofy or regular? What do you use?

adrianfromthecastle

I'm regular, but since I learned switch and nollie tricks, I do nothing but them...strictly street, I love ledges and doing lines... I dread rails, at least huge ones, I dont mind stairs.

bt2s14

I'm goofy, I usually skate switch/nollie. You must have some nice spots where

you live though, I've got s*** and a half. In my town we have a parking lot with

a bench and a six set. Do you ever see anyone of notoriety?

adrianfromthecastle

bt2s14 wrote:I'm goofy, I usually skate switch/nollie. You must have some nice spots where

you live though, I've got s*** and a half. In my town we have a parking lot with

a bench and a six set. Do you ever see anyone of notoriety?
to tell you the truth... I haven't skated since high school... I really wanna get back into it, but college is killing me, LOL, I don't have time to skate anymore

but dude, Socal has all the best spots; cherry park (r.i.p.), Beverly, hollywood high, long beach olympic pool (for ledges) and a whole lotta more... just gotta keep the new spots a secret before they become a bust

but yeah... skating with friends in high school was never better... for a lot of us tho, it kinda changed when my buddy Mike died... http://profile.myspace.com/ind...02690skating after that just wasn't the same anymore, and everyone knew it... =/it was kinda like the turning point with the homies... you either got sponsored and moved away (i.e. Terry Kennedy, Evan, Scott Kane), or you just stopped skating all together and pick up a new hobbie (i.e. me and my car)...

jdm_master_X
Car: 92 Nissan 180SX LHD!...LaWL

i know little about skating, but um...

SEX WAX FTW!

adrianfromthecastle

jdm_master_X wrote:SEX WAX FTW!
^^ I think they focus more on surfing than anything else...

besides, everyone knows... parafin wax FTMFW... pick that shiet up at vons yo.

bt2s14

Wow so you skated spots like Cherry Park and Hollywood high with Terry

Kennedy , Evan Hernandez, and Scott Kane!!?? Wow that's intense, sorry to

hear about your buddy though.

adrianfromthecastle

bt2s14 wrote:Wow so you skated spots like Cherry Park and Hollywood high with Terry

Kennedy , Evan Hernandez, and Scott Kane!!?? Wow that's intense, sorry to

hear about your buddy though.
lol... yeah, I knew all the long beach riders haha... I rember seeing Scott get his asss beat by some biker back before he turned pro, foo almost cried, haha... he denies the whole situation, but my eyes don't lie, lol. I dont like him tho, he's a douch... Terry's cool, I see him every once in a while at the mall n shiet. I think he moved out to Hollywood or something... but he visits his mom's house here in LB. Evan...? last time I heard he had a kid... haven't seen him in a long asss time.

Like out of all the homies, i was like the first to get a license, LOL... so everyone used to bum rides with me, lol... we fit like 10 people in my moms toyota previa and would drive up to spots in LA.

good times

bt2s14

That's really awesome, what was it like when those guys got sponsered? To me

Terry didn't seem like anything special, from the parts he's had in movies.

Nothing is better than going out to spots with a whole bunch of friends though.

adrianfromthecastle

honestly, sponsorship changes a person... i mean from my point of view (i've never been sponsored, but most of my friends did). you can ask anyone who is sponsored, skating is not necessarily less fun, but it becomes demanding instead of just something you just wanna do, more like a job. everywhere you go, you have to film film film... not only that, you have to schedule a time with the filmer, then you're bugged by sponsors to do events n such and so forth... then when filming, you can't do tricks others have done (not too mention you'll offend the person that originally did the trick, which leads to beefing with one another)... you're pushed to the limit to do something better, or at least have a style that stands out than everyone else, or you'll never get noticed.

when it comes down to it, its not the crazy asss 30 stair 900 you do, its all about style that gets you noticed by people that matter.

about Terry, lol... nah, he aint the best skater, imo, he's just there to make money. he's "marketable." i remember when he was on that bam margera show on mtv (my buddy mike that died was on there too once ) and he was named "Compton Asss Terry" haha, but he was from Long Beach, not compton ... he didn't give a sht what they called him, as long as they were paying him, which i cant blame him for. i think he's trying to get big in rap now, lol.

bt2s14

Lol at rapping. Was Scott amazing when you skated with him?

adrianfromthecastle

bt2s14 wrote:Lol at rapping. Was Scott amazing when you skated with him?
yeah... i mean, the dude has skill. he's the first person ive ever witnessed do a back nose blunt at cal state long beach 9 stair rail... i've never seen anyone do a backside nose blunt on hand rails in real life (just on skate videos). but the dude's a douch... he's big headed... like he's the type of guy that knows who you are, but doesn't say "wassup"... i mean, wtf is up with that? plus he skates with a cigarette in his mouth... wtf? is that supposed to be like super cool or something? LOL, yea.. imma hater, whatever, haha... but andrew reynolds was the first guy i've ever seen skate & smoke at the same time. i'm not sure what he rides for now (i havent even picked up a skate mag in such a long time), but back then, he used to ride for a board company called bootleg that later went belly under. it started out as baker, but then jay and andrew reynolds split, andrew reynolds took over baker, jay took over bootleg (he was the artist that did all the graphics for baker and bootleg)... after the split... bootleg just wasn't hot on the market, eventually went bankrupt (i think).

bt2s14

I remember when he was on Bootleg, his part in Bootleg 3000 was ridiculous.

Switch heel front nose slide I have also heard that he is somewhat of a

d!ck too. Lol the coolest skaters I've seen in real life are Pancho Moler and Dave

Coyne (from Tactical Manual) at Woodward, and that wasn't even cool.

adrianfromthecastle

lol... pancho molar looks like a cool guy to kick it with.

haha.. i remember back back back in the day, andrew reynolds showed up at eldorado skatepark, this was when terry was am for baker, he started to skate the park... lol... every single kid got their assses up and started skating hard as hell, when they can't even skate! they swear like andrew was recruiting for baker n sht... haha, me and my friends just sat and laughed... too funny. like they would follow him around the park and intentionally do tricks (or try to at least) so that andrew can see them... good times.

my fav has always been Marc Johnson... that guy is unbelievable on a skateboard... I miss the times when he rode for emerica

jdotlim

skating was good...but i sucked so i stopped lol...yeah RIP blacc mike skating was good with my cousin adrian...him showing me the ropes and all...but i guess i didnt have the heart to keep going cuz i suck soo bad...i was scared to fall and **** gettin cut up and all...but i still skate once in awhile here in san diego with my Long Beach board from United...its still strong

bt2s14

Thats funny about Reynolds I bet he gets that everywhere he goes... The thing

about Marc Johnson, beside the fact that he could do anything on a skateboard,

is that his style is so fluid and unique looking. Pancho was ripping kids off

though selling them decks for $50, Think decks for $50

adrianfromthecastle

bt2s14 wrote:Thats funny about Reynolds I bet he gets that everywhere he goes... The thing

about Marc Johnson, beside the fact that he could do anything on a skateboard,

is that his style is so fluid and unique looking. Pancho was ripping kids off

though selling them decks for $50, Think decks for $50
haha... wtf? dont decks cost like 40 at the shops? but yeah, i used to get my decks off the local pros, they sold them for like 10 bucks new, lol... then go to the local skateshops and trade them in for a deck i wanted. 8" FTMFW!

bt2s14

8" What are you like 7 feet tall?

adrianfromthecastle

bt2s14 wrote: 8" What are you like 7 feet tall?
LOL.... d00d, I was like that too back then when I was younger and rode 7's... but then I was introduced to 8's... tricks were so much easier to do. i could almost do flip tricks with my eyes closed cuz you didn't have to worry about over flipping. it made landing more solid too. frekkin darrell stanton rides a 8.75"seriously, you gotta try it, it looks and feels wierd at first, but then becomes butter...

plus the girls love big decks

jdotlim

LOL

bt2s14

adrians_s13 wrote:LOL.... d00d, I was like that too back then when I was younger and rode 7's... but then I was introduced to 8's... tricks were so much easier to do. i could almost do flip tricks with my eyes closed cuz you didn't have to worry about over flipping. it made landing more solid too. frekkin darrell stanton rides a 8.75"seriously, you gotta try it, it looks and feels wierd at first, but then becomes butter...

plus the girls love big decks

Darrell uses that big of a deck? I usually go for a 7.75, not to thin but beefy enough.

whiterps13
Car: white LE hatch

I used to skate alot, but now Im more into just riding for fun rather than taking it seriously.

Maybe its the snowboarder in me, but Id rather hop on my Sector 9 and shred a huge hill than sit there on a rail all day. Theres nothin like gettin blown and carving a hill with really smooth lines and transitions. I just think its more fun to push yourself with speed and carving rather than technical tricks.

Lords of Dogtown? Sick movie..

adrianfromthecastle

whiterps13 wrote:Maybe its the snowboarder in me, but Id rather hop on my Sector 9 and shred a huge hill than sit there on a rail all day. Theres nothin like gettin blown and carving a hill with really smooth lines and transitions. I just think its more fun to push yourself with speed and carving rather than technical tricks.
that's cool, to each his own... I've been snow boarding like twice... it's a whole different ballpark than skateboarding. its hard for me to get into snowboarding cuz lift tickets are gear are expensive as hell, LOL.

skateboarding to me just gives me a high like no other (used to at least); kickin it with the homies, going out filming (watching yourself skate), hopping fences to get to spots (mostly schools), running from renta cops (and other authorities), hyping up others while others hype you up just by skating, getting hook-ups on stuff and just meeting new people... its like no other.

jdotlim

adrians_s13 wrote:that's cool, to each his own... I've been snow boarding like twice... it's a whole different ballpark than skateboarding. its hard for me to get into snowboarding cuz lift tickets are gear are expensive as hell, LOL.

skateboarding to me just gives me a high like no other (used to at least); kickin it with the homies, going out filming (watching yourself skate), hopping fences to get to spots (mostly schools), running from renta cops (and other authorities), hyping up others while others hype you up just by skating, getting hook-ups on stuff and just meeting new people... its like no other.
very true

bt2s14

adrians_s13 wrote:
Couldn't have been said better....

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

I skate. For the past three months, i havent been able to skate at all because i was REALLY sick, but yesterday (friday) was my first day back on the board. Badass day too, i got to meet the zoo york team and go to the demo and skate with some of the pro's. Amazingly, i got my tre flips back within half an hour.

playbass311
Car: 1991 240sx

I skate sometimes but mostly I do ride BMX, have been for 6 years or so, I <3 it

Return to “The Great Outdoors”