Skateboarding

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

yo Anthony! I found teh clip...

HOODY HOO!http://video.google.com/url?do...DWknQ

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

adrians_s13 wrote:yo Anthony! I found teh clip...

HOODY HOO!http://video.google.com/url?do...DWknQ
the sound is WAYYY out of sync in that video. This ones better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mg0exFEh0

I freaking love the smiley faces when they say "hoody hoo"

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:the sound is WAYYY out of sync in that video. This ones better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mg0exFEh0

I freaking love the smiley faces when they say "hoody hoo"
I agree, your vid find is 10x better than mines LOL. Theyre all recorded from VHS haha, I guess no one has the DVD version hahaha..

dude, I liked Jamie Thomas back in the early 90's when he used to roll with the Toy Machine crew, back when he was bald. That foo was waay more hard core than he was in the Chomp vid (remember Leap of Faith? prolly before your time?). Dam... I feel old, LOL

SketchyRollin564

Yeah, leap of faith is before my time. Everyone knows what it is, but not much about it.

The new thing is El toro!!!

Do you know what that is, or is that ahead of your time?

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:Yeah, leap of faith is before my time. Everyone knows what it is, but not much about it.

The new thing is El toro!!!

Do you know what that is, or is that ahead of your time?
pfff... El Toro? You kids are still on that 20 stair? LOL... old news... whats new on that thing anyways? Last thing I heard was some dude kickfliped it.

I went there once when I was still skating... didn't do anything tho, but look at it haha...

SketchyRollin564

adrians_s13 wrote:pfff... El Toro? You kids are still on that 20 stair? LOL... old news... whats new on that thing anyways? Last thing I heard was some dude kickfliped it.

I went there once when I was still skating... didn't do anything tho, but look at it haha...
Its old news, but pros are starting to tear it up now.

Some new bangers: half cab, back 180, crook the rail, lip the rail.

My friend keeps telling me he wants to be the first person to ollie el toro with a boner.

If youve been to carlsbad, then i hate you.

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:If youve been to carlsbad, then i hate you.
... if your talking about the carlbad gap... my homie already closed it with his nollie heel. /carlsbadLOL

I can't do anything on that thing... Im too pussie, LOL. I'm afraid to get caught up on the ledge at the end.

SketchyRollin564

adrians_s13 wrote: ... if your talking about the carlbad gap... my homie already closed it with his nollie heel. /carlsbadLOL

I can't do anything on that thing... Im too pussie, LOL. I'm afraid to get caught up on the ledge at the end.
Nollie heel over carlsbad???? Your talking about the BIG gap, right? Not the tiny one, off to the side?

Tell your buddy that SketchyRollin gives him MAD props.

I just saw this badass documentary on the carlsbad gap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhisMjWK3k

As for you being afraid of that ledge at the end, what about the stairs? Is the run for that like really bad or somthing?

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:Nollie heel over carlsbad???? Your talking about the BIG gap, right? Not the tiny one, off to the side?
yep... the big one... although, I haven't seen Antwon since highschool =/

The stairs is cool, its like any other stair set really. But you don't go all the way to Carlsbad to skate the stairs LOL (at least if your not from San Diego).

SketchyRollin564

Antwon dixon?

If going over there just to do the monster 11 is pointless, then so is going there just to look at the equally sized gap, and saying "haha..... NO"

Plus, from what that video says, theres a lot of other stuff to skate at that school.

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:Antwon dixon?
haha yea... I used to kick it with that foo. I met him back in like 9th grade at the park, and we've been close homies till I stopped skating. Funniest guy ever... that foos always had nollie heels on lock since I can remember. I remember that foo got me and a lot of my other homies banned from this one McDonnalds in Long Beach, LOL, cuz he kept mocking the store owner, hahaha.

well, dude, Carlsbad is known for that gap... you either decide to own that gap that day, or the gap owns you. I went there for the ledges, LOL. Give me a school with benches and ledges, and I won't be bored. I was never really good at huge stairs and gaps. I guess thats what separates the big boys from the little boys LOL.

SketchyRollin564

OMFG I HATE YOU. When i said "antwon dixon? " i was expecting a "haha i wish".

You seriously though, need to start skating again. I know what you mean about stairs though. Stairs is what im worse at. I wish i was tight with ams and pros like you are

If it counts, my best friend could possibly turn AM any moment, if he keeps skating. Hes already got AM bangers, and hes not even in college yet (but soon entering.)

Hes moving back to florida at the end of may, so im pretty psyched about being able to skate with him again. Hes who got me into skating, and ive been best friends with him since i was about 4.

Ahhhh, skateboarding is teh poop!

If thursday is really bring your child to work day, and since its a late day, im definatley skipping and going to skate this secret halfpipe with some friends.

adrianfromthecastle

yeah dude, seriously, you're like the only person I'm talking to about getting back into skating... since Ive moved out to college, I haven't spoken to any of my skate friends from back in the day (esp cuz I got my phone jacked, I don't have any of their numbers anymore).

The thing is, I'm gonna have to go back to my old city and literally find them, cuz I'd hate to spend like $60 on a frekkin deck when I could just get one off them for like $10 or something LOL.

Whether it be my car or skateboarding, I don't recall the last time I've ever bought something at full retail price, I've always known connections LOL.

I did however buy some Vans last week, I got the era's, the ones with the padding around the ankle. Seriously, best grip ever, theyre fun shoes to skate in... they just rip real easy, and you roll your ankle easier too, haha. You just can't do crazy stuff with em...

dude, if you lived out here in SoCal, specifically Long Beach, you'd know all the pro/ ams too... thats how tight teh skate community is. Everyone knows each other through each other. The parties are even better

SketchyRollin564

Sounds pretty cool.

Yeah dude, hunt em down at your local spots if you can. You would be really happy if you could start skating again.

As far as shoes... Artos FTMFW!!!

Second pair in a row.

The grip lasts forever, the toecap and the rest of the shoe lasts forever, they skate REALLY good, they are uber comfy, and not to mention, they are teh sexynat0rz!

adrianfromthecastle

heres a pic of my buddy Mike... I took this pic when I first got my slr camera... I was just screwin around with it and we decided to take pics at the park... RIP Blacc Mike btw, he was also on a Boost Mobile ad once... can't find the pic tho..

ollie to flat

SketchyRollin564

Adrian, i wanna see footy of you.

adrianfromthecastle

SketchyRollin564 wrote:Adrian, i wanna see footy of you.
I do too! =P

karmapolice991
Car: 240sx

Is this the same black mike from baker 3 since you said you used to skate with some of them dudes

adrianfromthecastle

karmapolice991 wrote:Is this the same black mike from baker 3 since you said you used to skate with some of them dudes
o yeah... same guy. He had like a 1 minute part on there.

karmapolice991

hey i got some more fottage of me and the rest of my crew cheack em out. we will have a full feture by next springhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlJ8LsnbDUkhttp ... it_33RzZmk

The Duke
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx fastback

I skate. I haven't much this year because of college but i want to get back into it full force this summer.

karma, I watched the first clip and it's some pretty good stuff. Made me want to go out and skate.

adrianfromthecastle

The Duke wrote:I skate. I haven't much this year because of college but i want to get back into it full force this summer.

karma, I watched the first clip and it's some pretty good stuff. Made me want to go out and skate.
hey I saw your pic of Dan Murphy on the photography thread... good stuff That guy can really skate. I remember seeing Kenny Hughes out here in SoCal once back in the day at a ledge spot... man that guy's tall. It must make it that much easier to skate the tall ledges...
karmapolice991 wrote:hey i got some more fottage of me and the rest of my crew cheack em out. we will have a full feture by next springhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlJ8LsnbDUkhttp ... it_33RzZmk
Definitly hype footy... Good stuff. Dam... and that bs kickflip back noseblunt stall on the the quarter pipe -->

SketchyRollin564

Karma, i watched all those vids, and there actualy not bad at all. Makes me wanna skate. Broken wrist FTL!!!

on a side note, i almost have hardflips! Im gonna be so happy once i roll out on one of those.

karmapolice991

I cant wait for this semester to end so i can get back on a board and get to work. I'm so rusty right now it's embarising I havent skated since september due to winter and school. Hard flips are awsome i just wish i could learn tre flips

adrianfromthecastle

I have never done a hard flip before... never wanted to learn either lol. Too scary, I dont wanna bust a popsicle stick er anything, LOL. Besides, if my hardflips ended up like Muska's.... then no thank you.

SketchyRollin564

adrians_s13 wrote:if my hardflips ended up like Muska's.... then no thank you.
Bryan herman FTW!!!

I skate so wierd though, like the order i learn my tricks.

I back 180'd a 2 block (5 stair drop with a bench in front of it), before i could front 180 period, even flat ground. I could fakie bigflip (think fakie bigspin flip) before i could kickflip. I can tre flip a LOT more than kickflips. Kickflips have always been my worst trick though...

SketchyRollin564

Wow, i just stuck three hardflips the other day.

I swear, im gonna be screaming like a little ***** when i land one

okinawa drift
Car: 89 240sx SOHCoupe

SketchyRollin564 wrote:
Bryan herman FTW!!!

I skate so wierd though, like the order i learn my tricks.

I back 180'd a 2 block (5 stair drop with a bench in front of it), before i could front 180 period, even flat ground. I could fakie bigflip (think fakie bigspin flip) before i could kickflip. I can tre flip a LOT more than kickflips. Kickflips have always been my worst trick though...
haha i guess your more of a tech skater... i learned F/s FLIPS!! time for the big boys.. aka hardflips

SketchyRollin564

Tech is the way to go.

What i love to skate? Flat rails, ledges/boxes, small gaps, and some drops.

Handrails scare the fizzuck out of me, and ive never been too good at stairs. I guess im too much of a ***** for that stuff?

You got any bangers?

Mine are pretty weak, but i havnt really skated street or park in a while, so i gotta get me a new one

okinawa drift
Car: 89 240sx SOHCoupe

lol.. im alright at stairs.. but i am a ***** when it comes to certain stuff ..lol like i would never try to kickflip a 10.. lol cuz the fact that i would never stick it.. i can like front board a 2 flat 3 though.. and all that.. yeah rails do scare the **** out of me though...lolyeah tech is def the way to go

Return to “The Great Outdoors”